𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐢

( disclaimer : most of these are just mypersonal headcanons for my interpretationof nat

personal headcanons for my interpretation
of nat. if you disagree with any of them that's
fine but please don't argue with me about them )

— if you get any scenario ideas from any of these then lmk and we can do one!

• natasha is a terrible cook. she might be highly skilled and trained, but her domestic skills are awful. she has almost caused fires in the kitchen multiple times and it once got to a point where tony literally refused her access to the kitchen to avoid anymore close-call disasters.

• natasha always puts smiley faces ':)' on the end of her messages or mission alerts. (canon)

• natasha always props her foot / leg up on something, whether that's a table, car dashboard, the arm of a chair, etc. she can never sit normally and has been scolded for this multiple times. (canon)

• whenever she is stressed or feeling low, she will bring out her ballet slippers and dance until her feet bleed. she likes to keep that part of her life private but she is a very talented ballet dancer and anyone who sees her doing so will vouch for that.

• when she's angry, stressed or in full-concentration mode, nat will start muttering to herself in russian. she doesn't even realise she's doing it.

• her comfort food is peanut butter sandwiches. if she's sad, stressed, tired, angry, or any negative emotion she will instantly turn to a peanut butter sandwich to make herself feel better. (canon)

• in light of this, she labels peanut butter with her name on a sticky note and if anyone dares to touch, use or steal it then they are as good as dead. natasha is deadly serious and very protective over her peanut butter.

• she often has nightmares linked to her ptsd from her time in the red room and the things that happened to her there. there are few people she will turn to for comfort when this happens, because she's scared of feeling vulnerable, but her nightmares are something that haunts her often.

• natasha's favourite music artist is taylor swift and her favourite albums are reputation and folklore. she listens to them constantly, switching between the albums depending on her mood.

• natasha's favourite movie genre is horror. they don't scare her, in fact she laughs at the deaths and calls characters out for being dumb. she's always persuading her friends to watch them with her whether they like it or not, and then she'll laugh if they get scared, and then spend some time terrorising them for being so scared.

• her love language is physical touch and words of affirmation. she gives the best hugs and forehead kisses (even though she is very short, shorter than a lot of people. she will simply pull them down to give a forehead kiss) and is a generally a very comforting person. she will often try to tell her friends that she's proud of them or persuade them to take a break if they've been working too hard. she's a hypocrite who can't take her own advice though. (canon-ish)

• nat also likes to leave random gifts without saying anything. if she's noticed someone in a bad mood, she'll leave their favourite food, a DVD of their favourite movie, or something stress-relieving like an adult colouring book on their bed without a note or anything to confirm it was her.

• natasha has a black cat named liho, who was a stray who wandered around outside of the avengers compound and then even nat's apartment. she denies that she's attached to the creature, but really nat adores her. (interpreted from the comics)

• natasha doesn't die. well, she does, she still sacrifices herself on vormir for the stone but when cap returns them, he does the 'soul for soul' trade and brings her back that way.*

*i can't cope with nat being d word for good so this is my version of canon in my head and the one i will be using here too bc fck marvel for taking my baby away from me ! <3

+ more tba over time !