𝐰𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬

THE BLACK WIDOW HAS UPSET A LOT OF PEOPLE

SHE'S MADE A LOT OF PEOPLE MAD.

SHE HAS A LOT OF ENEMIES.

A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO WANT HER DEAD.

SHE'S BETTER OFF ALONE.

THAT'S WHY she has a web of safe houses. she has them everywhere. in many countries, many cities, she has a safe house there. mostly in various places around the USA including new york, but also in countries such as russia, prague, paris, london, budapest. . . just to name a few.

their addresses are kept top secret. only she and her accountant who manages them, know of them all. they're not shared with S.H.I.E.L.D., not shared with the avengers. not even her closest friends.

the only one that some people may have a clue where it is, is her new york one. mainly because liho the cat likes to hang around it, but also because it's the one she visits most often. and because tony, steve, bruce and clint once tracked her down and followed her to it. she wasn't happy.

but the safe houses are exactly that. natasha's place to be safe.

they're mainly for emergencies. if she needs a place to lay low or hide from someone out for her blood. if she pisses someone off. if the press send out a bad word on her and there needs to be some time to clean up the situation before it's safe for her to be seen in public again. if she gets injured and needs time to heal. or simply if she needs a place to stay while out on mission in another country. she'll have one ready for her.

she doesn't always use them in only emergencies, though.

natasha romanoff's mind is a complex place. sometimes she needs to be alone. when her thoughts get the better of her, or whenever she is hit with a painful reminder of her dark past and all that red in her ledger. whenever she remembers that she is a cold-blooded killer. whenever she feels like she has no place in the world. whenever she feels like she has no place in S.H.I.E.L.D., or no place within the avengers. she'll go.

perhaps disappear off the face of the earth for a while. pretend she doesn't exist to the rest of the world. that she doesn't have a job to do, responsibilities to fulfil. whenever her demons haunt her and she prefers to confront them on her own, as she had been conditioned to do. because heartless assassin or not, natasha romanoff was still human. she still had emotions. and they caught up to her sometimes. it's an easy way for her to avoid having to break down her stone walls and open up to someone. talk it out in a healthy way. that's not romanoff's thing. she'll be alone for a while, until she feels ready to be natasha romanoff again.

her safe houses are for emergencies and for escaping.

it does cause worry among her friends, the people that care for her, when she pulls these disappearing acts out of nowhere. she may not always get away with it, not for much longer anyway with more people caring about her and trying to get close.

to understand the complex mind of the black widow. to teach natasha romanoff that she is still a human. she's allowed to have emotions. she should be loved. people care about her, more than she realises. that's why she chooses to escape sometimes. or at least have the added security web of safe houses spun around her whenever she needs to turn to them.

but the thing is, she always comes back.