Chapter 15

“What? Don’t suddenly shout like that.”

“Why did you touch my hair!”

“You have the tiny ball of light on your hair so I grabbed it. Isn’t it cute?” I showed my palm at him and he quickly stepped backwards and covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Aren’t you disgusted on my black hair?” I raised an eyebrow.

Oh. I forgot. In this book, having black hair is quite unusual and it makes you affiliated with demons or witches, this was one of the reasons why Evan and Fiona didn’t have any friends in the book. Now that I'm inside a book, it kind of feels stupid and random.

Well, Evan felt a sense of comradeship on Fiona because of their black hair which was one reason why he approached her.

“Who the hell cares about your black hair?”

I honestly didn’t care. I had black hair in my past life too, and many people had black hair in the modern world. Are all of us affiliated with demons? Well, I kind of have a demonic personality though.

He looked down for a second and he suddenly raised his head and smiled brightly. It was so bright that I could imagine the sun shining bright at his back.

“You’re really a unique person.” He smiled so much that it reached his eyes and I felt something in my chest.

With all of this ball of lights floating around us and with him smiling so brightly like that with his handsome face, it almost made the situation feel romantic. But when I saw those spots of bloody red in the wall, I was tugged back on reality.

I just shrugged and stared at him. He was also holding those ball of lights with his flushed and bright face.

Why do authors even give the villains a handsome face? I’m weak with visuals! At least make him look horrible so he’d feel more villainish!

***

“Why do you keep bringing those gifts?” I grunted as he dropped a box on my desk.

He keeps on bringing clothes, jewelries and shoes that it’s getting annoying as time passes by.

“Oh. Do you want to see magic again?” Wow. He even ignored my remark.

“How about letting me go home instead?” His face darkened so much that I was shocked. I like the chilly face of his than this!

“Why are you insisting on going out or going home?” He sat on the bed with me.

“How about I lock you up in a damp, dark and bloody prison room then I’ll ask you back that question.” I smirked at him.

Please get the idea! Let me home! We’re close enough that you’d let me home right?

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn't consider your feelings.” My face brightened and I sat straight. I’m finally going home!

I was jumping and dancing in my mind until he responded to me.

“I’ll move you to a dry prison with clean walls.”

Hans dropped the metal keys out of shock and gave me a pitiful look. I am kind of offended with that look of his but I think I'm pitiful too.

What did I even expect from him?

I forced myself to smile. “Hey. Do you want me to give you a prediction?”

He tilted his head. That cute act of yours won’t affect me today.

“You’ll always fight with your future lover.” I smiled brightly as I imagined him and his future lover fighting due to his insensitiveness and stupidity.

How did he even arrive at the conclusion that I wanted a dry cell? Am I supposed to be grateful for that?

“Haa. I already pity the next marchioness.” I looked at him with a sympathetic look and I heard Hans laughing slightly.

He had a complicated expression on his face and I patted his back.

Good luck, buddy.

***

I finished my first batch of major exams today and I want to cry since I failed 3 out of 5 exams (I barely passed one). I have another batch of exams next week and I am really, really desperate enough to wish that I'd be transmigrated in a book of novels/manhwas instead. Let's run away from reality~