Kid Pirates

The chains around your wrists clinked together as you were shoved onto the stage. You squinted into the crowd as your eyes adjusted to the harsh spotlight placed on you. The adrenaline coursing through you was making your heart rate increase drastically.

"This young lady here is not only easy on the eyes but is also excellent at cleaning and cooking! If you're looking for a housewife or a maid of sorts then she'd be perfect for you!" The auctioneer shouted into the microphone, "The starting price for her is $5,000!"

You could hear people shouting out their offers and bids for you. You felt yourself stumble a bit, the weight of the metal around your arms and the intense fear you felt at that moment was making you dizzy.

"$10,000!"

"50!"

"$100,000!"

"$1,000,000"

You tensed up when you heard the Celestial Dragon was willing to buy you for that much. You were practically a goner at this point. The chances of you surviving whatever torture he planned on putting you through were slim to none.

"We have $1,000,000! Does anyone want to try and outbid that?" The announcer questioned, looking around at the audience, waiting to see if anyone would speak up. "Sold for $1,000,000! She's your's, good sir!"

You felt someone start to roughly push you down the stairs and towards the helmeted man. You were starting to think that killing yourself now would be better than going with the Noble.

Everyone got quiet when a dagger whizzed past the Celestial, slicing through the expensive fabric of his sleeve and cutting his shoulder.

"Who threw that?" The Celestial yelled, aiming his gun at the random people in the crowd waiting for someone to come forward. You gazed into the crowd, shocked at what someone had the guts to do.

You got even more surprised when blood splattered onto the floor in front of you by a scythe-like blade that was plunged straight through the Celestial. As the Noble lifelessly fell to the ground, you were able to see the masked man who was responsible for the killing.

"Come here." He ordered, holding his hand out for you to take.

You slowly started to back away from the blond, not wanting to be a part of the murder of a Celestial Dragon. You stopped when you felt yourself bump into someone. Peaking over your shoulder to see who it was, you were met with a handsome blue-haired man.

"Oh, s-sorry about th-that." You stuttered as you backed away from the scarred man. You flinched when he grabbed hold of you and cupping your face with his hand. You felt his thumb swipe lightly against your cheek.

"You had blood on you." He smiled, before patting your head in an attempt to calm you down.

"Did you get her yet?" You heard someone call out. Looking over you saw a red-headed man stepping over the unmoving corpse of the Celestial.

"Yeah, I've got her."

"Sorry about that girlie, I didn't want to do that in front of you but we're broke as hell right now so I couldn't have bought ya." He explained, leaning down a bit to talk to you at your height.

"So y-you killed h-him?"

"Of course." He responded, "You didn't actually want to go with him, did you?"

"I-I guess n-not. Thanks."

"Anytime, doll." He replied, "Right, well we better get out of here before we get arrested." He said as he made his way towards the entrance. You felt yourself being guided gently to follow behind.

"We'll take your chains off if you come with us." Heat whispered to you, coaxing you to cooperate with them. Realizing that you'd likely be blamed for the murder, you willingly followed the rugged group of pirates.

Bullets started to be shot in your direction, making you freak out a little. You didn't want to be caught and put back into slavery.

"Wire, make sure she doesn't get hurt." Kid growled, shoving you into the tall cloaked man. You watched as the angry male shot hundreds of daggers at the auctioneer who was shooting at you, effectively killing him. Your vision of the brutal scene was soon covered by Wire's huge hands being placed over your eyes.

"Come on, let's head out to the ship, the captain can handle himself," Killer said, already on his way out of the dimly lit building. You felt muscular arms wrap themselves around you as you were thrown over Wire's shoulder. The last thing you saw at the bidding was Kid ruthlessly stepping on someone.

The three pirates pushed their way through the crowd of confused and curious bystanders. You could feel the weary glances they gave you as you were carried away. You wondered what they thought happened in there, they'd all be so shocked when they heard a Celestial Dragon wasn't only assaulted but murdered.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you placed onto the floor of their ship. The Victoria Punk wasn't the most organized place in the world, but you were sure you could figure something out. You were still a little uncertain about being kidnapped by pirates but I guess it's better than being abused by a World Noble.

You jumped when you felt a hand on your shoulder, looking back you were met with the blond from earlier.

"How are you feeling? Are you hurt?" He asked, already examining you for any signs that you might be in pain. 

"I-I'm fi-fine." You stuttered. These delinquents treated you better than most people back at Saboady.

"Are you scared of me?" He questioned, noticing you stumbling your words. 

"N-No. I think I-I'm just a bit overwhelmed is all." 

You watched as Kid jumped onto the ship with a loud thud. His eyes scanned over everyone before he spotted you. 

"Lemme see your wrist." He gruffly said as he walked in your direction. 

Shaking, you slowly held out your wrist for him. You soon felt the heavy metal fall to the ground as the redhead broke them off. 

"Listen, if you ever try to run away I'll put them back on ya and chain you to the mast, understand?"

"Y-Yes." You meekly replied.

"Good." He grinned, ruffling your hair.

Living on a pirate ship wasn't what you had in mind for the future, you certainly didn't want to be one. These criminals frightened you, but you didn't necessarily want to leave. It was strange, you should be afraid of them but you've never been treated better. It was a nice change of pace. 

"Hey, Heat, start the ship. We're going to the New World."