Whitebeard

"You look lovely today, dear." 

It'd been days since you saw the sun, your cold surroundings making you shiver as you heard your captor come increasingly closer. His rhythmic footsteps echoing throughout the room as you rocked in the wooden chair he kindly gave you, it was one of the only things you had in your small unit. You were kept in a cell, he said you were a guest and not a prisoner, you only wished it felt that way.

"What are you hungry for today?" 

He'd send some of his sons down to give you food and clothes, anything you needed, they all seemed to be worried for you. Sometimes they'd talk to you, ask how you got there and if you were ok. You'd have to vaguely answer them, you didn't want to get into any more trouble than you needed to. You were starting to think you should cooperate as he'd always wished you to do. It certainly seemed easier than just sitting in the bland cell.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" 

"Yes, I'm fine." You finally answered, "Do you think I could go above the ship with you today? This room is starting to feel cramped." 

"Of course darling." He unlocked the door, waiting for you to step out before gently placing his large hand against your back. "I'm trusting you this time, don't fuck it up for yourself." 

As if you'd try anything, you were far too tired for that. Exhausted from anxiously squirming around in your cell, not knowing what he'd do now that you were trapped. You were happy that he only brought you food and things that you'd need, but you still couldn't help but think of the moment he'd snap, I mean, he could crush you like a twig. It wouldn't be hard for him to kill you, there wasn't really any reason to keep you around anyway. You had to keep yourself relevant if you were going to finally be happy again. Dying sad and sorry would be dreadful.

"Your ship's a lot bigger than I expected it to be." You commented, running your hand along the rail that sat on the side of the ship. The strong smell of the ocean being a lot more comforting than the musty smell in the jail. "I like it a lot better up here." 

"Yes, it is quite a nice ship." He said, "We could move you into my room if you're ready for that."

"Yes, please let me stay in your room." You begged. Anything would be better than the stiff cot you slept on. 

You watched as he looked down into your eyes, "Oh, alright then, the rest of the crew will happy to hear the news of you moving." He jollily informed you, "They'll finally have a mother." 

"Mother?" 

"Oh yes, you don't mind, do you? I consider my crew as family." The tall man explained, gently brushing your hair out of your face with his pinky. 

"I'm not very good at doing motherly things." You told him, looking down slightly. You'd never had to care for anyone before, only yourself, you didn't think you'd be any good at it. 

"Don't worry about it, as long as I'm here next to you you'll be fine." He calmly assured you, as he lead you to see the rest of the ship, and possibly the crew. 

"If you say so." 

You didn't know why he was so set on you, it freaked you out a bit but at least you weren't dead yet. You'd slowly make your way around the ship as you met every single one of your new kids, some of them being a little older than you but no one seemed to mind. You gradually fall into the role of mother, alongside your new husband, never having to worry about a single thing ever again. Maybe you were finally happy with your new family, or maybe you were just happy to get out of that cage.