Law

You knew he was lying to you when he'd come back with bloodstains on his shirt. He said it was from an operation he did, he said it wasn't serious. You drummed your fingers on the table with a small frown at the thought.  

It wained your trust in him slightly, sometimes you'd stay up at night thinking about all the other things he could be lying about. Maybe he didn't love you. Maybe you were going to be the next red stain that stuck to his clothing. Maybe you should leave him. But what good would it do? You loved him so much, that you honestly wouldn't mind it.

The AC humming was the only thing that kept you company as you waited for your boyfriend to come home. These "operations" must be really taking a toll on him if they were happening every night. The least you could do was wait up for him. 

"You shouldn't stay up for me." The tired voice made you look up from your spot at the kitchen table as you wondered when the front door had opened. The stains were yet again visible on his yellow jacket. He must've thought you were stupid. You often wondered if was even a real doctor. I guess you'd been staring at the blood too long cause he quickly assured, "I had to replace a guy's kidney."

You just nodded, going along with his act as you heard him throw his keys onto the countertop. His footsteps echoed on the tiles as he went to put his hoodie in the washing machine.

The surgeon held a certain power over you, you never seemed to want to leave him. Your friends used to warn you about him. They'd tell you how it wasn't healthy how possessive he was. How it wasn't normal for him to want to know where you were going and with who you were going out with every second. They'd say it wasn't right when he'd get mad at you for glancing at another guy, even for a split second. They said he was trying to control you. But they weren't here now, they weren't here at all. Law told you they never existed and it was all made up. A bad dream perhaps. You couldn't remember. Everything felt foggy nowadays.

"I noticed your pills we're running low," He began, re-entering the living room, "I'll get you more when I go out tomorrow."

"What are those pills for again?" You questioned. You could never remember why you had them, but then again, you couldn't remember a single detail from your childhood.

He just ran his fingers through your hair for a second before speaking, "You're so forgetful, one of the things I find most endearing about you. The pills help you sleep."

Your eyes flickered up to meet his yellow ones, "Oh right."

"Speaking of sleep, you should go to bed, it's late." He told you, stroking your cheek with his thumb. You smiled, nodding once more as you got up and left to the bedroom. 

Weird. Your memories were starting to go foggy again. Recently it seemed that the only thing you could recall were the times you spent with Law.

"Don't stay up for me anymore, it's not good for you." He called to you.

"Sure thing." You replied, yawning slightly as you sat down on the bed.

You'd take the pills and lay on your side. It felt weird to think you didn't remember who you once were or who you once knew. You wondered if you should ask Law about it. He'd know, wouldn't he?

Law watched you from the doorway. It was about that time. That time when you'd ask about your memory loss. He really did need to get that pill bottle refilled. You didn't need to know about anything but him. 

----------

Uh oh, guess who finally came back >:) (hopefully for more than one chapter)