fourteen.

FOURTEEN !
IS THIS WHAT
ACCEPTANCE FEELS LIKE?

FOURTEEN ! IS THIS WHAT ACCEPTANCE FEELS LIKE?

SERENAS POV.
WE ALL SOON arrived at my house. I decided to head into my parents room while everyone else looked around the rest of the house. I haven't been in their room in a while. Ever since they passed away.

Even though they weren't my actual parents, I was raised by them. They treated me as their own child and provided me with everything I needed as a child. It still hurt a lot when I lost them.

"Did you find anything?" A voice calls.

I turned to see Klaus standing there. I sighed softly and shook my head no. "This just doesn't make any sense. Do you think my parents knew this about me?" I wondered turning my gaze to the floor.

I heard Klaus walk toward me. He placed a hand on my cheek and I sunk into his touch. Everything about him made me feel so at peace. I felt less afraid when he was around me.

"I honestly don't know, but I can promise you one thing. We will find out the truth, no matter how long it takes." He comforts as he rubbed his thumb against my cheek. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay." I responded.

He took my hand and lead me out of my parents room. We made our way downstairs and met with the rest of them. They were all looking through papers in desks, on top of desks, Elena was scrolling through my fathers work laptop, while Caroline was on the phone with someone.

It made me smile seeing how much they were all willing to help me figure out my past, but I didn't want to continue searching anymore. Maybe it's best if I didn't know the past or who or where I came from. If my parents kept it from me, maybe it was for a good reason.

I looked up at Klaus who was already staring down at me. He had a small smile on his face and went to run his hand through my hair. "Are you okay?" He wonders.

I responded with a nod and then turned back to the others. "Guys." I called for their attention. They all stopped what they were doing and looked over at me, "let's stop looking. It's okay." I say.

They all stared at each other in confusion, "you don't want to continue searching?" Bonnie asked.

I shook my head no, "it's okay. Maybe one day the truth will come out but today isn't that day." I told them.

They all nodded their heads, not wanting to protest. They returned everything where they found them and said their goodbyes. Making plans for tomorrow so they can all get some rest.

Klaus stayed behind of course, but for some reason I just wanted to be alone.

As the door close with the last exit, I walked over to Klaus who was sitting on my sofa. A small smiled formed on my face when I saw him scrolling through the TV trying to figure out what we could watch.

I stood in front of him and he looked up at me a bit confused. "You should go home too, Klaus." I told him.

He furrowed his brows, "you want me to leave too?" He asked.

I moved forward and took a seat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. I hurried my face in his neck and inhaled his scent. No, I don't want you to leave. I say to myself. I felt tears beginning to build up but I quickly held them back.

A sudden wave of sadness just suddenly overflowed in me.

"Love," Klaus calls as he rubs my back and also brushing his fingers through my hair.

I held myself together and pulled back from the hug. I placed my hands on his cheeks and stared into his gorgeous eyes. I moved in and placed a kiss on his lips. "I love you." I say to him, smiling against his lips.

"I love you too, Serena." He replies.

I removed myself from his lap and helped him up from the couch. "You should head home. I'll be okay and you know if I ever need anything, I will call you right away." I reassured as I still held onto his hands. I had a smile that I managed to keep on my face and he nods while caressing my cheeks.

He planted one last kiss on my forehead and made his way out of my house. I locked the doors right behind and turned to look at my now empty house.

The house that once used to be full. I walked around the house and saw a few picture frames on the fire place, the coffee tables, and hung around the room.

I grabbed one of the pictures of us at the beach from the town that we used to live in. As I stared at the photo I noticed a water droplet fall onto the frame. I didn't even realize to now that I was crying.

"It's my fault," I say to myself as I held the picture close to my chest and fell to the floor crying.

My parents were actually gone. I would never get to do all the things a child could do with their parents. I wouldn't get to watch them grow old. Take care of them how they did for me. None of it and it was my fault that they're gone.

I tighten my grip on the front and smashed it to the floor. I ripped all the pictures off from the wall and smashed them to the floor as well. Just tossing and sliding everything onto the floor.

So much glass shattered, furniture being ripped apart, and tears streaming down my face.

I finally fell to the floor again. In the center of the mess, just crying uncontrollably.

I felt so much pain and heart ache. I cried so much that it began to hurt as well. Remembering all the things my parents done for me, me growing up with them, being one as a family and it was all gone.

"Serena.." a voice calls.

I looked up and saw Klaus. He had a pained expression on his face. He looked like he was devastated to see me like this and I wanted to try and hide it from him.

"I knew something was wrong." He spoke as he knelt down in front of me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm here, Serena. You're not alone." He says as he pulled me closer and caressed my hair.

I began to cry all over again into his chest.

I wanted to be alone, but having him here with me while I was feeling like this made me realized that I didn't want to be alone anymore. Never in my life have I had anyone besides my parents care about me the way he does.

He was always there in the right moments.