~8~

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH, BESTIES!!! I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!💞💞💞

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Have a good night," Louis forced on a smile for a family just as he sat a copy of their receipt onto the table.

He wandered through the small, coffee-scented diner, keeping an eye out for any tables in need of something. It was late at night and  to say he was exhausted would be a complete understatement. He worked, not a double shift, but a triple shift: his own, his co-worker that's probably fucking his girlfriend, and his "sick" co-worker's. Basically, he had been working the whole day.

He was absolutely miserable. His feet were sore, he was limping, and he felt like going insane. The amount of screaming children throwing their food, the amount of couples snogging that he had to interrupt just to see how they like their meat cooked, the amount of creepy old men. It was enough to make his take a ten minute bathroom break and let out a few stress tears.

Fortunately, his best friends came in for moral support. During his bathroom break, he texted them about his situation and it only took a few minutes before he saw them walk through the doors. They had been there for nearly two hours, and Louis couldn't have been more grateful for them.

However, that didn't stop everything from going horribly. There were still messes to clean, creepy men to try and calm down, and people getting on his last nerve.

To make everything better (note the sarcasm) it is the day before Harry's Sheffield show, meaning he'll probably be taking a pit stop in town, and Louis was speechless. He wanted to wander around the streets and hope to find him and at least tell him how much he means to him. He desperately wanted to tell him how he saved his life numerous times. But he knew it would never happen in a million years.

He had heard enough annoying fangirls talking about him. Apparently, the diner was a great place to hang out and form a not-so-secret plan to find Harry. From stalking his Snapchat to somehow finding which hotel room he's staying in, Louis heard enough creepy shit to question his fellow stans.

But as he refilled his friends' drinks—and making Ashe's 3rd chocolate milkshake—he couldn't help but wonder what his idol was doing. It practically scared him to know that he was probably only a few minutes away.

"Lou," Stan called, interrupting him from his thoughts and stress. "Wanna try finding him?"

Louis snorted. "I'd love to but, one, I'm not trying to stalk him, two, I'm kind of working."

"You can leave," he said before stuffing his mouth with chocolate cake. "No one's stopping you."

"My broke ass is," Louis sassed. "And don't fucking say 'move in with me!' Cause I'd rather claw my eyes out with daggers."

"You're too stubborn," Eleanor laughed.

Louis placed a hand over his heart. "Aw, thanks babe. I try."

He bent over the counter to pass over the drinks. As he gave Ashe her milkshake, she happily clapped with a wide smile, completely unaware of her chocolate mustache from her previous drink.

"Last one," Louis smiled. "Any more sugar, and you'll explode."

She shrugged. "Does it look like I care?"

Briana dramatically gasped. "Woah, calm down," she teased.

Ashe rolled her eyes. The group knew how quiet and reserved she was, but she still had her "sassy" moments. Of course, they weren't bad at all. Compared to Louis' moments, she seemed like a child trying to be threatening, and they loved teasing her about it.