chapter 38

•couple of notes about the story
- i wanna make it very clear that neither jean or y/n will cheat on one another. i find that something that is unforgivable and i also don't see either of them doing that.
- this story will be nearing its end. not very soon but i wanna estimate maybe 10-15 chapters left.
- i will be writing another jean fic after this though that i'm very excited for and i may even write a small connie fic :)
- anyway besties enjoy the chapter and i love you all. also ty for 300k reads 😙

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the now bright room. The curtain still wide open, letting in all of the sunlight. Jean's arms were wrapped tightly around me, my face laying against his chest as he lightly snored, showing he was still sound asleep.

I looked up at him, his eyes gently shut and his mouth slightly hung open. I smiled, reaching up and placing my hand onto his jaw, gently running my hand across his stubble. "How are you so perfect?" I whispered to myself, admiring every little feature on his face for a moment before cuddling back into his chest, taking in the feeling of his warm embrace.

I felt him tighten his grip on me, pulling me closer against him as he slowly began rubbing his hand up and down my back, his light snoring stopping. "Are you awake?" I whispered as he hummed. "Mhm."

I smiled as I began to gently trace the ink upon his chest with my index finger while his hand gently moved against my back. "How long have you been up?" He asked, his voice deep and groggy.

"A few minutes." I replied.

He looked down at me before bringing his index finger to my chin, lifting my head so I could look at him before he smiled. "So pretty."

"I love you." I smiled as Jean stretched his arms out before wrapping them around me once more, squeezing my body tightly. "I love you so much more." He laughed, releasing his grip on me before sitting up and moving to stand from the bed.

I watched as he made his way over to the bathroom before I sat up, stretching out my arms. I reached over, grabbing Jean's phone from the nightstand since it was in reach. I tapped the screen, checking to see the time read '10:30 am', meaning we had to leave in a few hours to head out and grab lunch with the others.

My gaze averted to his notifications, one catching my eyes in particular and out of curiosity, I slid it across the screen which lead me to his Instagram dm's and straight to the set of messages that part of me didn't wanna read but once I did, I was pretty happy.

@kendra.k
'why did you unfollow me?🥺'

@j.kirstein
'because i can👍🏻'

@kendra.k
'oh... okay sorry'

My hand flew up to my mouth as I tried my best not to hysterically laugh. Jean entered the room a few seconds later, giving me a questioning look. "What's so funny?" He asked as he made his way over to the bed.

"Oh, nothing." I smiled, placing his phone down as Jean climbed on top of me. "Nothing?" He laughed as I nodded. "I just love you."

"I love you too." He smiled, leaning down to kiss my nose. "So, what's on the agenda today?" He asked.

"Well, we're gonna go eat lunch with everyone and then Venus is taking us out on her uncle's boat around 4 and we'll probably be out there til sundown." I smiled, poking his noise. "And you're letting me keep your sunscreen reapplied because I'm not dealing with big baby Jean needing aloe rubbed on him every 15 minutes."

"Okay, mom." He rolled his eyes.

"Shut up." I laughed. "Unless you wanna be in pain."

"I'd rather not." He smiled, leaning down to connect our lips.