chapter 42

I opened my eyes, the bright room blinding me for a brief second before I adjusted, Jean's phone coming into view as he scrolled through twitter. I sighed, hugging myself closer to him. "Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning." He placed his phone down, hugging my body close.

We had landed last night and after checking into the hotel we went straight to bed, the two of us tired from the flight.

So, here we were now, laying in bed. Jean held me close, massaging my arm gently as I cuddled into his side. "You excited for tonight?" He asked as I nodded. "Of course. What plans do you guys have?" I looked up at him before he looked down at me, gently bringing his hand up and using his index finger to move a strand of hair from my face. "We're going out to that popular bar, I forget the name." He laughed. "Then we're just gonna go back to Eren's and chill. We probably won't be out too late." He smiled, still examining my face. "How did I get so lucky?" He whispered, almost like he was simply saying it to himself, not for me to hear.

"Jean." I smiled.

"Sorry." He shyly laughed. "What plans do you girls have?" He asked, bringing his hand up and resting it against my jaw, gently caressing my cheek with his thumb as he just looked into my eyes. I smiled, bringing my hand up to hold his wrist before I responded. "We're going out to some bar as well and then just going to Hitch's." I laughed. "So, basically the same thing."

"What do you plan on wearing?" He asked.

"We all just bought black tank top dresses to wear." I smiled. "Nothing super fancy."

"Did you bring your taser?" He asked as I nodded. "Yes."

"Pepper spray?"

"Mhm."

"Pocket knife?"

"Yes, babe."

"Gun?"

"I cannot bring my gun." I laughed. "I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I smiled, moving his hand from my face, gently kissing the back of it before I began playing with his fingers. "I cannot help it." He said softly. "You have your location on, right?"

"Of course. Yours?" I asked as he nodded. "Always." He smiled.

"Why did you wanna know what I was wearing?" I asked as he smiled. "I like when you do your little fit check thingies. I also like knowing you're gonna ask me to take pictures for you."

"You're the best." I smiled. "Honestly, when we first started dating, I thought you'd be one of them 'you're not wearing that out' type guys."

Jean laughed before he brought his hands to my hips, lifting my body and moving me to straddle his waist, my hands moving to his chest as his slid to my thighs. "Never." He smirked. "I'd kill someone if they even thought about doing anything to you. I also know you can fight so you wouldn't be helpless."

"But you just-" "I can still worry." He squeezed my thighs. "What? You don't worry about me when I go out with the guys?" He asked as I shook my head. "Not really. I worry more you'll drunkenly embarrass yourself in front of a bunch of people before I worry about anyone kidnapping you. You're literally a giant. I don't think anyone's gonna try you." I laughed.

"You never know, babe." He smiled. "What do you wanna do for the time being since we have til about 7?" He asked, moving his hands up my thighs and to my waist.

"You." I smirked.

"Til 7?" He laughed.

"Absolutely." I playfully nodded before he rolled his eyes. "You'd break me." He laughed. "For real though, what do you wanna do?" He smiled.