2. Eddy and Edwina

The next day, visiting soloist Eddy Chen caught up with SSO first violinist Brett Yang in the hallway outside the concert hall.

"Hello, Brett."

"Oh, hi Eddy, how are you today?"

"Good thanks. Here's your umbrella, thank you for lending it to me yesterday."

"Oh, you're welcome."

"I did visit the café yesterday and met your brother but I forgot to give your umbrella to him."

That was a complete lie. Eddy didn't want to give up the opportunity to speak to Brett.

"Oh, that's okay. Brad did mention he met you."

Eddy couldn't help showing a little smile.

"Oh, did he?"

"Yeah, he was wondering what kind of synchronisation we showed this time."

"Synchronisation?"

"Yeah, he sensed that he must have said something to you that reminded you of me? I think it was Brad's remark of him being heat resistant."

Eddy let out a laugh.

"Yeah.. because you told me that you were water resistant when you lent me your umbrella. I thought that was rather iNtErEsTiNg. So I said you guys obviously come from the same pea pod."

Brett chuckled.

"Yeah, we seem to end up doing stuff like that all the time. It's as if we share parts of our brains wirelessly.  Dunno if it's some kind of twin thing."

"Do you believe in that ?"

"I dunno... it might sound stupid if you're not a twin..."

Eddy quickly replied.

"I don't think it's stupid."

Brett looked up to the soloist and smiled.

"Thanks."

"...Um... so, does Brad play the violin, too?"

"No, he doesn't. He doesn't have any musicality in him."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. But he is a whiz in the kitchen and I can't cook to save myself."

Eddy smiled.

"No kidding."

"Nah, definitely not kidding. He promised me that he'd pretend to be me in the kitchen when I invite my first date home for dinner."

Eddy grinned.

"OMG, that's a bit deceptive. Would totally work though, wouldn't it."

"Yeah, it should work with most of the people around us.. except for our mum, I suppose."

"What about your dad?"

"Oh, he's pretty hopeless. We'd have to be standing right next to each other so that he could compare us directly to tell us apart."

"And your mum?"

"She is... scary. She can look at a photo of the back of our heads and tell us apart."

Eddy burst out laughing.

"Yeah, mums are incredible, aren't they...."

"Of course we are!!"

Brett was momentarily stunned by the voice that pierced through the hallway where he was chatting with Eddy. He looked up at Eddy's face and saw an equally stunned look but it also had a rather interesting expression, almost like as if he was a little child, as he faced the direction to where the voice came from and whispered;

"...Mum?"

"Eddy where are your manners? Who is this nice looking young gentleman?"

Eddy blushed as he spoke.

"OMG..Brett, this is my mother..She's flown down from Brisbane for the concert...."

Brett faced the petite woman who showed where the soloist got his delicate features from.

"Hello, I'm Brett, first violinist of SSO."

"Nice to meet you Brett. So are you single?"

"MUM!!!!"

Brett was taken back in surprise, not because of the question but because he could have sworn he heard the word in stereo. He then noticed an attractive tall woman emerge from behind Eddy's mother. She had to be Eddy's sister, Brett thought, as she looked like Eddy in drag, which sounded kinda strange, but it worked; she looked quite stunning, just like Eddy did. She also looked absolutely mortified, just like Eddy did.

"OMG, Brett, was it? I'm so sorry. Mum, please!!!"

"Well if you're not doing anything about it, you can't blame me for taking the matter into my own hands."

"NO, please mum, stop. It's not fair that you fuss over me like this but not about Dee!!"

"Oh don't you worry about your brother, I'll work on his case too whenever there is an opportunity!!"

Brett saw Eddy facepalm himself and mutter;

"Ween..."

"Yes Dee, l'm taking you down with me on this one. SO, where are your manners?"

Brett looked and pointed at Eddy.

"...Dee?"

Eddy nervously ran his hand through his hair.

"Yes, Brett, I'm Dee.. for Eddy. She's been calling me that since we were babies. Ween, this is Brett. Brett, this is Edwina, my.... sister."

Edwina quipped back.

"Your evil TWIN sister."

Brett couldn't help himself.

"YOUR WHAT !?!?"

Edwina smirked at Brett.

"What, haven't you ever seen a twin sibling before?"

Brett and Eddy looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Yo, Brett."

OMG talk about timing.

"Brad."

Edwina turned around.

"OMG, Dee, what is this? Bunshin no Jutsu?"

Brett didn't get it. He did notice Eddy trying so hard not to laugh out loud as he spoke to Brett;

"...sorry Brett, it's a ninjitsu.. I mean, a ninja technique to create your own clone."

"Hah, that's funny."

"Yo, Brett, your coffee you ordered."

Brad handed over a cup of takeaway coffee to his brother.

"Hey Brad, thanks. Um.. Mrs Chen, Edwina, this is my twin brother Brad. Brad, this is Eddy's mother and his twin sister Edwina."

Edwina burst out laughing.

"OMG Brett, so you have seen twins before. How funny is that."

"Hello, Brad nice to meet you, so are you single?"

Eddy and Edwina exclaimed in unison again.

"MUM!!!"