7. Twoset BAE

The two sets of twins stepped out of the restaurant in pairs; Brad held the door open for Edwina then followed her to walk by her side, Brett and Eddy followed behind.

Edwina smiled as she turned around to face the 3 men.

"That was a really nice meal and I really enjoyed the company. Thank you, guys."

Brad replied.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun. So, Edwina are you staying at the same hotel as Eddy?"

"No, mum and I always make separate arrangements from Eddy's. We booked ourselves a place closer to the centre of the city so we could go shopping and stuff while we're here."

Eddy added;

"Yeah, I prefer to stay at a place close to where I perform so it's easier for me to go to rehearsals."

"Alright, well Edwina, would you let me walk you to your hotel?"

Edwina smiled.

"Really? That would be very nice, thank you, Brad."

And then Eddy saw it. He saw the ever so slight rise of Brad's eyebrow as his twin brother Brett responded with a very subtle nod. Like clockwork or as queued, Brett spoke up.

"Edwina, it was so nice meeting you. Thank you so much for a great evening!"

Brett and Eddy walked together towards the Sydney Opera House, they had simply started walking in the opposite direction to Brad and Edwina. Brett broke the silence first.

"..Eddy, do you know where exactly your sister and your mum are staying?"

"Hmm? Um...I think mum said it was near Central station..."

"Um.. You realise that's like a half an hour walk? Wasn't Edwina wearing heels? "

Eddy turned and looked at Brett.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really. ....What?"

Eddy was grinning.

"Don't worry, they'll probably end up in a cab ...then some."

".....say what ???"

"Brad..."

"Yes?"

"Sorry, these heels are killing me. Mind if we hail down a cab?"

"OMG sorry I didn't realise.. how far is your hotel from here?"

"I think it would be about a half an hour walk... we caught a cab from our hotel when we went to the Opera house."

"OMG you should've told me before, I would've hailed down a cab for you."

Edwina looked straight at Brad.

"Well, but had I just got you to call a cab for me, you wouldn't have offered to accompany me back to my hotel then, would you?"

".....say what ???"

"Eddy, I don't understand."

"Edwina and Brad"

"Edwina and Brad?"

"Yeah, Edwina and Brad."

"..She's interested in Brad!?"

Eddy grinned.

"Put mildly, yeah. Man, that sister of mine, she's got good taste."

Brett raised an eyebrow.