5. Twoset Twins

"Brett."

It was after the concert and Eddy excused himself from a group of musicians he was talking to and approached the first violinist who had come from the direction of the larger dressing room for the orchestral members. Brett had changed from his performance attire back into his commuting clothes. Eddy also had already been to his own private dressing room and gotten changed.

"Hi, Eddy. Congratulations, great performance. You played beautifully tonight."

Eddy smiled.

"Thanks. You guys, from the orchestra, were fantastic. thank you."

Brett smiled back.

"Phew, I'm glad to hear that."

Eddy lowered his voice.

"So.. um.. are we good for dinner now?"

Brett looked up and smiled.

"Sure. Hey, Eddy, I think I noticed my brother in the audience with your mum and sister?"

Eddy raised his eyebrows.

"I was about to ask you about that, I think I saw him, too!"

Eddy flinched.

"OMG Eddy are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just got a call."

Eddy fished out his vibrating phone out of his pocket and looked at the screen before he answered it.

"Excuse me for a sec.....Ween?"

"OMG Dee, Mum asked Brad to your performance and out for dinner to thank him for the coffees, then of course she says she's now way too tired to go out after the concert, expects me to go by myself, jumps into a cab and goes back to the hotel...!! Please Dee, you've got to join us."

"What, what, what ? Slow down..! Where are you?"

"I'm in the 100km long queue for the ladies. It will be 10 years before I can see you again. Anyway, Brad and I. And you my little brother, have to join us for dinner."

"...But I was born only 25 minutes after you... and why can't you go alone, he seems like a nice.."

"Yes he does seem like a nice guy but mum's said so much stuff about him in the café to me you know what she's like OMG she was unstoppable if it didn't concern me I would've laughed out loud and I bet if I told you now which I won't because there was soooooooooo much she said so embarrassing but anyway if I did I bet you would just burst out laughing but it's not funny when she is saying all this stuff to pressure me into picking either the violinist or the other guy I know right, I can't believe those were her actual words I'm serious and now it's way too awkward for me to go have dinner with him on my own.... Do you get what I mean ?? ...Dee, are you even listening ??!?!?"

For a guy, Eddy was very skilled at retaining the virtually unlimited amount of information that seemed to continuously spill out of his sister. He puts it to having a lot of practice, basically all his life.

"Uhuh."

"Oh, c'mon Dee, please. Isn't Brett still there? Can't you just ask him to come with us? It may actually be fun if it's the four of us."

"Ugh."

"What?"

"..Nothing."

"Oh. Oooooh, oh I'm sorry Dee. But please, pleeeeeeease ? I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"...What?"

"Oh c'mon Dee I can tell what you were up to.  But you guys work together, right ?  I'm sure there would be other opportunities..."

"OMG Ween shut up."

"Just grab him and bring him along okay?"

"Oh c'mon, Weeeeeeeen"

"I swear, I'll spill the beans if you two don't show."

"Alright, alright, alright already...!!"

Eddy looked flustered during the call and even after he hung up.

"Eddy, are you okay? Was that Edwina?"

"Yeah."

"Is everything okay? You didn't say much to her."

Eddy grimaced.

"....She's like that with me and does all the talking. I couldn't get a word in."

Brett chuckled.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, um, so, she wants us four to have dinner together."

"...Which four?"

"Two sets of twins."

"Oh. Um, yeah sure, sounds like fun.... Aak!"

'What?"

This time Brett fished his phone out from his pocket.

"..it's Brad.... Yeah?"

"Bro, what's going on ?"

"I have no idea. Did you ask?"

Brett and Brad had their own "twin talk" where they could drop words like the subject from their sentences and still understand each other while making it harder for others to find out what they were talking about.

"No"

"With?"

"Ladies."

So Brad didn't ask Edwina out but somehow she was with him and he was now calling Brett while Edwina had gone to the restroom and now the 4 of them were going out for dinner. Brett thought it was better to just organise themselves than fuss over the details.

"...so Brad can you book a place for us?"

"Already have. You guys ready to go?"

Brett looked up towards Eddy.

"Eddy, are you ready to go ? ...Okay Brad just give us another 10 minutes?"

"Alright, We're just in the main lobby, meet you here then? Take your time, Edwina may be a while anyway."

"Sure, see you in a bit."

Brett hung up his call and turned to Eddy.

"Brad's already booked us a table somewhere.  We'll go down and meet them in the lobby in 10 minutes. Edwina's visiting the restroom so she might be a while."

Eddy looked surprised.

"OMG, how did you get as much or even more info than I did with such a short call!?!?!?"