10. Twoset BAE III

Brett, with his head on Eddy's lap, looked up and asked;

"Eddy? What was all that about?"

____________________________________

Eddy tossed his phone onto the bedside table, then looked down at Brett and grinned.

"Well, for a moment I thought I'd have to go kill your brother for doing a sneaking out the morning after thing to my sister, turned out he had just gone out to get coffee."

"OMG, but yeah that sounds about right. Him and his coffee. I'd like to think he's not the sneaking out the morning after kind of guy."

Eddy smirked.

"...I hope you aren't either, Brett."

Brett looked up.

"OMG Eddy I was so tired, I slept in, remember? Can't sneak out early if I've slept in."

Eddy playfully started to tousle Brett's hair.

"Hmm.. soooo.... I gotta make sure you're always exhausted then."

Brett blushed and looked away.

Eddy smirked again.

"So... where were we before that phone call interrupted us..?"

Brett slowly looked back up again towards Eddy.

"..Well.. actually I did ask you if you would get me knackered again."

"...So that you can't leave?"

"Yeah. So that I can't leave... cos I don't want to."

Brad recoiled in horror.

"You thought I left !?!?"

"For a brief moment, yes."

"OMG I'm so sorry Edwina... I suppose you don't check the nightstand unless you wear glasses or have your phone there but you don't wear glasses and last night neither of us had time to set our phones on the nightstand because things were... "

Brad started to stammer.

"Things were...so.. um.. so"

Edwina couldn't help let a smile escape her lips.

"Things were so.. what?"

Brad blushed.

"...out of control... I... I haven't ever.. um.. lost myself like that before. OMG Edwina, I hope you weren't upset for too long..."

"It was pretty awful but I'm okay now. I was so glad to see you come through that door."

"...so.. coffee?"

"Thank you."

"...So Edwina... you're going shopping with your mum today?"

Edwina just remembered something and looked up from her coffee cup.

"That's right.. I was feeling quite down this morning so I had postponed it till this afternoon... what are you up to today, Brad?"

"Um.. nothing.. I'm rostered off."

Edwina raised her eyebrow.

"Brad... I need you to do 3 things for me, please."

"Anything Edwina."

She stepped up to Brad and placed her hand on his hand holding his coffee cup.

"You've had enough of this?"

"There's still a bit left.. I drink my morning coffees rather quickly"

"Hmm. Well, I'd like you to please go and hang out the Do not disturb sign? And you have till you get back here to down the rest of your coffee"

Brad almost spat out a mouthful.

"What?! Um.. yeah sure.. um, is that it? Anything else? What's the 3rd thing..."

Edwina sat down on the bed.

"You'll find out when you get back here."

Brad swallowed hard.

6 months later

"Ween, you have to be there for me."

"What? Where?"

"I gotta tell mum about Brett and I. I'm moving down to Sydney to move in with him. You gotta be there for me when I tell her."

"OMG Dee!! That's fantastic !!!! Congratulations!!!!!"

"Thanks.. so, Ween, please, you gotta be there for me when I tell Mum...!!"

"Of course Dee."

"You will !?"

"Of course I will. What kinda sister do you think I am?"

Eddy hugged Edwina.

"The best...!!! Thank you Ween..."

"So you gonna go first or want me to go first ?"

"...What do you mean?"

"Well.. I gotta tell Mum about Brad and I. He's moving up to Brisbane to move in with me."

"....what !?!?"

Then Eddy remembered how Brett had given him a cryptic smirk when they were discussing where they'd live in Sydney.

"Just move in with us, Eddy. Brad has the small bedroom and I have the master bedroom with the en suite anyway."

"Wouldn't Brad mind?"

"...I don't think he would. Besides I don't think he'll be living with me for long.. he said he wanted to get his own place soon... just stay with me till the lease is due for renewal in a few more months, then you and I could get a place with a better practice room."

"...Brad's moving out?"

Then there was that cryptic smirk.

"How nice of you to come home for dinner on the same day. It's been a while since we had the 3 of us eat together like this. It's lovely. We should do this more often."

Edwina nervously bit her lower lip.

"Um.. yes Mum. Look, I actually have some news to tell you..."

"Oh?"

"Mum.. I'm in love with Brad."

"Really? The barista that made us coffee when we went to listen to Eddy? The twin brother of the violinist ?"

"Yes."

"Ooooh so you did pick him!!"

Edwina smiled wryly.

"Well... it sort of kinda looks like that but... yes, I suppose I did."

"And does he love you back?"

Edwina broke out into a smile.  She was beaming with happiness.  Just seeing his sister look so happy almost made Eddy cry.

"Yes. Yes, he does. He's moving up from Sydney to move in with me in Brisbane."

"Oh my, that's wonderful Edwina..!!"

"Um.. Mum?"

"Yes, Eddy?"

"I also have something to tell you."

"...Yes?"

"I... I'm in love with Brett."

"..I beg your pardon?"

-------------------------------------------

A/N: This is the second last episode of this story. The next episode would be the last. Thank you so much for reading this far and to those who have voted and/or commented, an extra big thank you!!