6. Twoset Twins II

Shortly after finishing her call with her twin brother, Edwina finally made it into the ladies bathroom after she thought she had to wait for all of eternity with the extended queue that stretched in front of her when she first arrived. She really didn't even need to "go", she just wanted to discreetly get away from Brad for some privacy to call her brother. When her mother told her that she was going back to the hotel for the night because she was too tired to go out for dinner, Edwina was in a mild panic. She thought it was too rude for her to cancel on Brad now just because her mother couldn't make it anymore, but she felt so awkward and too embarrassed to go out for dinner with Brad alone after all that was said by her mother about him.

She entered the restroom and went straight to the powder room area which had rows of mirrors along a shelf. She nervously reapplied her lipstick in front of one of the large mirrors and bit into the colour on her lips. She thought getting Eddy to invite Brett was a fantastic idea as she imagined it would be fun to go out with another set of twins, but there were two things that she did not expect; first, she didn't expect her brother had already asked Brett out for dinner. She initially thought they clicked as fellow musicians, after all, they both played the violin professionally. But then second, she didn't expect Brett was that way. She thought she could tell about these things quite well because of Eddy but obviously, Eddy had a better radar for these things. Eddy going out for dinner with Brett had a whole new meaning now. His keenness showed in his voice, his reluctance to make the twosome into a foursome was evident in the tone of his voice and the whining plea. Edwina had to play quite dirty to get her way, by threatening to spill the beans in the worst possible way – for example dobbing him into their mother. Of course, she would never really ever do that. She loved him too much and she was actually one of the very few people who understood him.

Now knowing Brett wasn't even a contender for her made Edwina let a little smirk escape her lips. She felt somewhat victorious towards her mother who kept pressuring her to "pick one".

I can't just pick one like that mother, if one isn't even interested in women...

...Besides, I actually thought Brad was cuter anyway...

The thought made her blush as she quickly left the restroom. She was still pretty edgy as she walked back where Brad had said he'd wait for her. She was dreading the thought of having to wait with Brad for their brothers to arrive but luckily the two had made their appearance before she got back from the restroom. She had not felt this relieved seeing her brother in a while.

"Dee...!!"

Edwina went up to Eddy and gave him a hug. Eddy widened his eyes then he smiled, hugged his sister back as he whispered;

"Hey Ween... this is somewhat unusual..?"

Brett looked at the Chen twins admiringly. They made such a good looking duo.

"I'm glad you're here, thanks Dee."

"OMG it's gonna snow tomorrow."

"Oh shut up you."

They didn't have to walk for long to arrive at the restaurant that Brad had made a booking. They were shown to their table and much to the surprise of the Yang twins the first thing Eddy did was pull out a chair for Edwina and let her sit first. As he settled into the chair next to her, Eddy asked Brad;

"So Brad, Brett told me that you don't play the violin?"

Brad sat in the seat in front of Eddy.

"Nah. Isn't it interesting how you can give identical twins a violin each and one thinks it's the best thing in the world and can make beautiful music out of it and the other would use it as anything but a violin and get screamed at by his teacher?"

Brett smirked.

"I ended up with both of them."

Brad shrugged and turned his gaze to Edwina;

"What about you Edwina? Were you dragged off to violin lessons against your will like me?"

Edwina smiled.

"Actually, Brad, no. I was lucky."

Eddy interjected.

"I'd say she was much more stubborn and adamant, Brad. She knows what she wants and also what she doesn't want."

Edwina slapped her brother's arm.

"Ow!!"

"Oh just shut up, you."

"OMG Ween, I'm a musician for goodness sakes! Not the arm!!"

"Oh stop being such a baby."

Eddy scoffed.

"That's it. I hate sitting next to her. Brett will you swap with me?"

"OMG Eddy I'm a musician too y'know. I don't wanna get slapped on the arm either."

Brad rolled his eyes.

"OMG you guys are such... fine, I'll sit next to Edwina and she can slap me all she wants."

"OMG Brad as if I'd slap you like I slap my brother..."

Brad grinned.

"I know, I'm just kidding."

"OMG Dee make sure you don't sit in front of me. I don't wanna lose my appetite looking at your face while I eat."

"Bleh, Brett said you and I look so alike ...like twins y'know."

Edwina jokingly gave Brett her death stare and Brett pretended to recoil in horror.

"OMG Eddy don't dob me in...!!"

"OMG Dee I don't look anything like you!!"

"Well that's your loss then isn't it !?!?!"

"..Brett, Bro, you see the twin love here ?"

"..Brad, heh, yah."

The Yang brothers gave out a chuckle in unison while the Chen twins pulled faces to each other as they shuffled seats. So Eddy and Edwina sat diagonally to each other and Brett sat next to Eddy and Brad sat next to Edwina. Brad cautiously looked around the table.

"So guys, are we settled now? Are you two far away enough so that you aren't gonna start a fistfight??"

Edwina scoffed.

"Oh for goodness sakes, he started it...!!"

Brett burst out laughing.

"Don't worry Edwina, I'll keep an eye on him."

"Well make sure you slap him really hard if he misbehaves."

Eddy and Brett looked at each other and smirked. Realistically there was absolutely no way Brett would even entertain such thoughts towards the visiting soloist of his orchestra. Brett shrugged.

"Shall we order now? What do you recommend at this place, Brad ?"