Chapter 1: A Special Night

Somewhere in the plains of Feral, a small, simple, and cute sanctuary stood. Within it is a green kitsune named Emerald. Emerald was getting ready for a special night tonight, so he had to look his best. He was just finishing up with combing his fur. After he finished, he looked in the mirror and saw one handsome Spark.
"How do I look?" Said the green kitsune.
"Like a ladies' kitsune." Said Azure, a big, blue werewolf and good friend to Emerald. He was helping Emerald get ready.
Emerald looked at his big grand clock. It was almost time. 30 minutes until, to be precise. "Well, it's time. Wish me luck, Az."
"Don't sweat it, E. Remember, you got this," said the werewolf, putting a claw on the kitsune's shoulder. "You GOT this."
Emerald then set out. After a few minutes, he made it to City Fera. The capital city of Feral, and the heart of romance. Emerald walked along street and finally found her. The beautiful and kind Senri Ruby.
"Ruby!" Emerald Yelled from a distance.
Ruby noticed a responded with "Emerald!"
The kitsune ran up and panted. "Sorry I took so long. The travel gates that let us go anywhere fast? They're not working."
Ruby replied in her soft voice "Yeah, I know. I don't know what's up with that."
"Well, in any case, shall we?" Emerald asked.
The two young lovers walked down the streets of the city gazed the beautiful starry night.
"The night is always beautiful here." Ruby stated.
"If you think that's beautiful, come here." Emerald told her and urged her to follow.
Emerald walked up to a dragon standing in front of a door to a large tower. "Hello. Reservation for Emerald and Ruby."
The dragon looked at a list of names. "Mmm... ah yes. Come right in." The dragon, opening the door.
The two went up the tower, and found an undeniably beautiful scene; the entire city, the horizon of Feral, and the starry night sky. Ruby was in absolute awe. "E-Emerald. This is...it's...it's absolutely beautiful!" She exclaimed with disbelief.
"That's what I thought too. I've been here since I was a pup once, and I've never forgotten it."
The two gazed over the horizon, occasionally talking about what they see beyond. As the gazing continued, the two slowly and unnoticeably inched each other's paws close to each other, until the touch together. Like two lovers holding each other's hands. The two noticed this and looked at each other, smiling.
After a bit, their time on the tower was up. The clock down in the city banged its bells. The two lovers then walked down the tower and exited.
"Emerald?"
"Yeah?"
"That was absolutely beautiful."
"Yeah." Emerald stretched and yawned. It was pretty late. "It's about time for us to go home isn't it?"
"It is. See you tomorrow, then." Said the Senri.
Emerald nodded and started to walk away before being interrupted by Ruby again. "Oh, and Emerald?"
"Yeah?"
She walked up and kissed him on the side of the head. Emerald's tail, heart, and brain all together stopped in his tracks as a blush built up in his face and his pupils shrunk out of surprise.
"Thank you for this night." Ruby said happily, before walking off.
Emerald could barely get his words together. She had never actually kissed him before and vice versa. "U-uh.. See y-you tomorrow." He sighed happily, still love struck by what just happened. This was their first actual date together. He chuckled sheepishly to himself before walking off to his sanctuary.
Azure was waiting for him outside. "First date go well?"
Emerald, still in some shock over what happened replied, "Yep, way better than planned."
"Knew you had it in you, E." Before holding up his claw in a fist.
Emerald bumps his claw with his paw, basically a fist-bump. "Thanks for helping me, Az."
"No problem buddy. See you tomorrow." Azure finished before going to his sanctuary.
Emerald did his nightly chores and went straight to his bed. What a day it was. He drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, high above the clouds, a crimson falling star fell from the heavens and landed in Mudmyre Marsh. It impacted the ground, causing a small quake. The dust settled, and with it... a dark creature appeared.

End of Chapter 1
Author's Note: Thanks for reading the prologue for Feral: Days of Darkness! I've been playing Feral for months now, and honestly, I love the way the game was made and still play it. Before any of you ask, this was supposed to be a wholesome date chapter. There will be no lemons, (but I'm sure someone will make a lemon out of these characters), but there will be more of this, somewhat. Stay tuned for Chapter 2!