Chapter 5

"Well took you guys long enough," Shiro said a bit tired when Lance, Arnoux and Keith came back to the castle.

"So, care to explain why you two got separate from the paladin you were assigned to?" Zane asked suddenly appearing behind Arnoux and Keith. "I saw you so it's your fault I got lost, but then I found Lance, but we had to separate because we had to get the prisoners to the pods-" Arnoux rambled. "Ok then, Keith?"

Keith chuckled nervously, "hehehe, I got bored," He said avoiding eye contact with Zane. "I apologize for these two idiots princess," Zane said looking over at Allura. Allura chuckle softly "It's alright, at least we managed to get the mission done, even if these two goofed around the very end," Allura said smiling at the both of 3 blades.

"Maybe we can do some exercises to help you boys focus," Coran suggested. "I don't know..." Arnoux said looking over at the ground. "It'll be fun! And I'll even make the paladins tackle along," Coran said smiling widely. "What?? Why do we have to join??" Lance protested.

"For some team bonding of course!" Coran said excitedly.

About an hour later, everyone was in the lounger for bonding/focus exercises. "A good focus exercise that could help you boys could be a game that takes lots of focus," Coran said thinking what they could do. "Maybe we can play speed, that takes focus and you need to be fast," Pidge recommended. "Good idea number 5!" Coran smiled and went out to get cards.

"What is speed?" Arnoux asked. "It's a card game," Hunk answered. "How do you play?" Keith asked, shortly after he asked that Coran came back with a deck of cards. "It's simple really, you lay out the cards like this. Then you pass the remaining cards to the two players. In order to play, you hold 5 cards at a time, flip these cards and put the cards that is next or below that card right there."

"So for example, if it's 4, you either put 5 or 3," Pidge explained to the blades. "Sounds simple," Zane said with a small smile. "Yup, so who wants to first?" Pidge asked while shuffling the cards. "Zane you go, you're the smart one out of us 3," Arnoux whispered. Zane sighted, "I'll go,"

On that round, between Zane and Pidge.

Zane won.

Keith and Arnoux wondered if it was because Zane was fast with his hands or he got lucky with cards. "Wow. You are fast," Pidge said chuckling a bit.

"Coran could you bring us more decks of cards?" Pidge asked. Coran smiled widely, "Sure," After about 10 minutes he came back with 3 more decks and gave them to Pidge. "Alright, let's pick a partner and play," Pidge ordered everyone. "I pick Zane" She said looking straight into Zane's eyes.

Arnoux ended up with Hunk, leaving Keith to end up with Lance.

"I bet I'll win,"

"Don't count on it," Keith answered calmly. "Well I don't mean to brag but I always beat my siblings in these games," Lance commented proudly. "Wow, you must be good then," Keith said almost emotionless.

They played a few round, Lance winning every single time. But then Keith got the hang of it and ended up beating Lance 10 times, while Lance only beat him 5 times.

"How did you get soo good at this in a hour?!" Lance asked shaking Keith back and forth. "I don't know," Keith said his head spinning.

The next day, Coran suggested a team bonding exercise. He said everyone would go around and shared a memory that made them happy. Allura was the one who said the team should bond since the blades would be staying for a while with them so why not become friends.

"So who wants to go first?" Coran asked. "I'll go!" Allura smiled. Coran handed her the headband thingy (I forgot what it was called? Does anyone know??)

She showed a memory of her and her father picking up flowers. It was overall a very wholesome memory, she was around the age 5.

"That was such a cute memory," Pidge said in aww. "Yeah, you were adorable," Lance commented. "What type of flowers were they?" Hunk asked. "I don't remember what their names were but it had something like pink in the name," Allura told him.

"Wow I wish I could pick flowers with my dad," Arounx complained a bit. Keith patted his shoulder dramatically, causing Zane to roll his eyes. "Who's next?" Allura asked. "ME!" Lance yelled exited.

He showed a memory of him and his family at the beach, going inside the water and building sandcastles.

" Wow you have a big family," Pidge noticed. "Yeah, I have like 5 siblings," Lance said laughing a bit. "I haven't seen the beach in ages," Hunk said.

"It looked soo beautiful," Keith said looking away from the group. "Yeah it is," Lance smiled.

Hunk went next, he showed a memory of him cooking with his two aunts.

Then went Shiro he showed a memory of him laughing with another male.

"Who was that?" Hunk asked him. "Oh that was Adam, he was suppose to be my fiancee but then I ended up in space," Shiro explained. No one commented about that, and preferred to just stay quiet.

Pidge went next, she showed a memory of her brother and her building something, and later on their father praising them.

"Alright, who's next?" Coran asked.

"I'll go," Zane said raising his hand. Coran handed him the headband. Zane carefully placed it on his head and closed his eyes.