7

Minah's POV

I slowly started to wake up. I felt a lot better than yesterday thanks to Namjoon. I could feel my fever was gone but I was still a little weak.

Turning around to adjust my position, my face hit on something hard. I instantly opened my eyes and my heart almost skipped a beat when I saw it was his chest.

I slightly lifted my head and my gaze met with a peacefully sleeping Namjoon. My lips formed into a smile when I realized that his arm was wrapped around my waist.

I just kept silent and stared at him for a couple of minutes. We still don't know a lot about each other, I mean it's only been about a month since we first met yet this feels so natural; us waking up together being this close.

My fingers carefully touched his face and I traced my hand along his jaw being lost in my thoughts. He flinched and I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep.

Even though I couldn't actually see him, I swear I could feel his eyes on me and my heart refused to beat normally when he gently placed his palm on my forehead.

"That's a relief. Your fever's gone" he said, his deep voice sounding a little different with him being only inches away from me.

I automatically pushed him away as the strange emotions started to flood me again. But I pushed him a little too hard causing him to fall from my bed.

"Oh what happened? Are you okay?" he asked worried with sleepy eyes.

He still looked tired. He must have stayed up late taking care of me.

"I- I'm fine" I stuttered still feeling a little flustered. "But why... why were you on my bed?" I asked trying to sound upset when it actually felt nice having someone to take care of me once.

His eyes widened at my question and it took him a few seconds before giving me his answer.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to... I mean that's not what you think..." he paused scratching his head in frustration and took a deep breath before continuing. "What I'm trying to say is that I fell asleep while trying to cool your fever. But I'm honestly not sure how I ended up on the bed" he looked at his feet still sitting on the ground next to my bed.

After a good five minutes of awkward silence between us he stood up taking his jacket.

"I should probably go now. There's still some porridge left in the kitchen if you feel hungry" he said and smiled at me before waving goodbye.

"But I didn't ask you to leave. You could stay a little longer, I didn't even get to say thank you" I whispered after he closed the door behind him.

...A few days later...

"Minah unnie, you're back!" Haru exclaimed before running in my arms when she saw me enter the class. "I've missed you so much" she said with her short arms wrapped tightly around my neck.

"I've missed you too Haru" I said and gently pinched the tip of her nose.

I found myself looking around the room for Namjoon and my heart fell when I didn't find him anywhere.

Haru, who was still next to me, chuckled before speaking.

"Unnie?" she asked.

"Hmm?"

"He's not here"

"W- Who?"

"Namjoon oppa. You were looking for him just a minute ago, weren't you?" she asked and I shyly nodded earning another one of her cute chuckles. "He didn't come today. He stayed up all night because I wasn't feeling very well so I thought I'd let him sleep a little more" she explained.

I played with the kids until it was time for everyone to go home. I was about to leave too when I saw Haru standing by the entrance door.

"Haru? Why are you here alone?" I asked and lowered at her level.

"I was waiting for you unnie! You're going to take me home right?" she asked cheerfully.

"Okay, I can do that" I said.

After all I might be able to see Namjoon too.