treize.

thirteen: october - super hot, cool, amazing, one of a kind

"no, really, calum played so rough as a kid that one time he threw a toy at me and broke my collarbone!"

i ended up joining you, your sister mali and her husband beck for breakfast because mali insisted i did. even though i told her i really didn't want to interrupt your short time together, she said it really was no bother and i had to come. she even let me borrow a pair of shorts to wear under your tee shirt.

unforunately i hadn't been able to shower or get ready, so i was feeling a bit insecure with three really attractive people.

"calum!" i lightly slapped your arm, laughing.

we were talking about your guys' childhood memories and i loved hearing about younger calum. you sounded like such a happy kid and i couldn't help but wonder if you could ever be like that again. i hoped you could.

"she shouldn't have switched the channel," you mumbled.

"because you were being mean to me in the first place!" mali laughed. "you didn't deserve the teenage mutant ninja turtles."

"she will never let me live this down for the rest of my life," you told me, with your arm resting on my chair.

"well i don't blame her!" i laughed.

mali smiled at me, "i love having someone to rank on calum with. beck never wants to get involved. calum, you better keep this one."

i tried to ignore the blush on your face. "leave beck out of this, mali."

beck high fived you. "thanks, bro."

"see, addy?" mali rolled her eyes. "this is exactly what i mean. such a boys club around here."

"don't worry mali, i have your back," i said. and i meant it.

"so, addy, tell me about you," mali said, taking a bite of her quesadilla.

"what do you wanna know?" i asked.

"anything, really. calum won't tell me anything."

i thought for a second. i hated being asked that because i thought i was really quite a boring person. "well, there's not much to tell. i'm sure you know i'm calum's age, we go to school together. i have a twin brother named luke, he's one of my best friends. my other best friends are mason and ashton. i don't really have any hobbies," i said, a little embarrassed. "but i want to go to usc for college, probably to major in business."

"usc, huh? pretty impressive," beck nodded.

"tell that to my parents," i rolled my eyes. "my mom and dad want me and my brother to go to brown like he did, but it's not the right fit for either of us."

"your parents are strict?" mali asked.

i nodded. "sometimes it's nice to have someone to push you, but most of the time it's really draining and it feels like it's all they care about. like i could be in the hospital dying but as long as all my homework's done then it's fine."

mali looked at me a little sadly. "i'm sorry, addy."

i waved her off, "it's fine. other people have it way worse so i know i shouldn't complain."

"just because other people have it worse, doesn't mean it doesn't suck," beck said. "my parents were the exact same way. so i did what they wanted, not what i wanted, and now i'm stuck at a job i hate."

i thought it was nice to have someone who could relate to me. "what do you do now? and what did you want to do instead? if you don't mind me asking."