vingt-et-un.

twenty one: teen dad

"addy, are you nuts?" luke was pacing around adelin's room. she told him the next day after everyone left about her conversation with calum. "you can't move in with him. mom and dad would kill you both. mom especially. and you're not even eighteen! please don't leave me alone in this house with her."

adelin sighed. she didn't want to leave luke. how could she? he's her brother. he's done everything in his power to protect her, even when he didn't have to. "luke, i don't know if i can stay here after what she did. she already tried to kick me out. being in this house is bad for me, you know that."

"i know, addy," luke ran a hand through his blonde hair. "i just don't want you to leave. we're already gonna be apart for college, why do you have to go sooner?" luke's words broke her heart. he looked like he was going to cry.

"you're right," adelin ran her hands over her face as she tried to think of what to do. "okay, i won't move in with calum. what if i just stay there on the weekends or something? i can stay here during the week that way i won't move out completely, but i can avoid mom as much as possible."

luke bit his lip, thinking about adelin's words. "i guess that would be fine," he said like it was more of a question than a statement. "i'm sorry, i'm being selfish. i know you and mom haven't gotten along in a long time. i just, i'm gonna miss my sister, you know? you're my best friend."

"you're not being selfish, luke," adelin hugged her brother and squeezed her arms around him. "if anything, i'm the one being selfish. i didn't think about how it would affect you, i'm sorry."

"don't apologize, addy," luke shook his head when they seperated. "i understand you not wanting to be here. are you gonna tell her you know what she did?"

"i haven't decided yet," adelin slumped on her bed. "i don't want to give her the satisfaction of another fight, but i don't want her to get away with it either."

"i get it." luke had never had the best relationship with their mother, but it was nowhere near the level of adelin. she honestly thought if luke hadn't stuck up for her so much then they would probably have a good relationship.

"so, what's new with you?" adelin changed the subject because she didn't care to talk about this anymore. "are you ever gonna go in a date with that girl?"

luke instantly blushed, "i don't know. we've been texting back and forth for a few days, i may take her out next weekend or something, but i don't want it to be awkward. in case you didn't know, i can be an awkward guy sometimes."

adelin pretended to gasp, "what? no, you?"

"whatever," luke rolled his eyes. "i was thinking we could all do a group date sort of thing? like you and cal, mason and michael, ash and brooke? that way it could be kind of casual?"

"that's a good idea," adelin beamed. "just text the group chat, i'm sure it would be fine. but i think calum and i have plans to go baby shopping with mali on saturday while beck's out of town next weekend."

"okay, we could probably do friday night? like a movie and dinner or something?" luke suggested, with a confused face like he was still thinking. "or is that too basic?"

adelin thought for a moment. "no, i think that could work. i think it would be fine for a group thing?"

"i'll think about it i guess," luke checked his phone. he was smiling, so adelin had to guess it was her. "she's really cool, you know. i like talking to her."

"aw," adelin grinned. "she better not break your heart though, i will strangle her. with no remorse," adelin narrowed her eyes to make sure luke knew she was serious.