dix-sept.

seventeen: november fifth

you asked me to be your girlfriend on november fifth.

you came to pick me up from school on november fourth (even though you didn't go that day) and you wouldn't tell me where we were going. but after begging you for a few minutes - i knew i could get it out of you because you could rarely ever tell me no - you decided to tell me we were going on our first date. not ask me - tell me - which honestly made me laugh because you knew i would say yes.

we ended up going to the mexican restaurant that quickly became our place. you ordered a burrito and i ordered a fajita, the first of many arguments we had over which was better. there was no awkward small talk between us, maybe because we had known each other for a while or maybe because we just clicked so naturally. i liked to think it was the latter.

"you know, the first time i saw you wasn't at the park, actually," you admitted.

"really? when was it?" i asked, resting my head in my hands because i was eager to hear this story.

"it was the day i moved in, actually. i went to the grocery store with mali to get some food, because i obviously had none," you laughed. "you were there with mason, luke and ashton. i think you guys were having a movie night or something? you guys were talking so loud i couldn't help but overhear."

"oh my god!" i gasped, covering my mouth with my hands, "i remember that! you saw us there?"

"i did," you nodded. "i remember you were having an argument with mason about which popcorn to get."

i laughed, "and we ended up getting both. i can't believe you saw us that day."

"i actually thought you were dating ashton at the time," you said, fidgeting with your fork.

"what? why?" i tilted my head.

"i don't know," you shrugged, seeming a little embarrassed. "when you guys were leaving he had his arm around you, i just assumed."

that's when it clicked in my head, "is that why you were so jealous when i told you we were going on a date?" i asked.

"i wouldn't say i was jealous," you lied poorly, a smirk growing on your face. "but you were definitely jealous of amelia."

"calum, don't say her name, i told you this," i whined, especially because i didn't want to talk about her now. "if you say her name three times she appears."

"okay, okay, no more," you threw your hands up in defense. "but yes, i was jealous of ashton. especially when he was at your house the other day, i was definitely a little mad."

"well," i smiled, "you have nothing to worry about, because i'm here with you. and there's nowhere else i'd rather be, doll."

i could see the blushing on your cheeks and i thought it was adorable. "the feeling is mutual, princess."

after we had dinner, we decided to get some ice cream and walk on the beach. it was pretty chilly, being that it was november and late at night on the water. you gave me your jacket because you thought my sweater was too thin, even though i insisted i was okay because i didn't want you to be cold either.

neither of us realized how lost we got in our conversation and how we talked for hours. it was always just so easy with us.

it was 12:17 a.m. on november fifth when you asked me to be your girlfriend.

"addy, there's something i want to ask you," you held my hand, seeming a bit nervous.

"what is it?" i took a step closer to you.