quinze.

fifteen: halloween - since i met you

i remember the first time you kissed me like it was yesterday.

halloween fell on a friday that year, and you were at jack's annual halloween party with my friends and i, who went every year of high school.

"woo!" the crowd cheered as ashton and mason ran around the party in their underwear, the result of losing the bet between them and luke. ashton took a shot for confidence beforehand, but mason was completely fine.

"what a rush," mason breathed out as michael handed her her clothes.

ashton nodded, pulling up his pants. "yeah, ten out of ten recommend running around a party in your underwear."

"i'll have to take your word for it," i laughed, leaning into you. your arm sat comfortably around my waist and i could feel the vibrations of your laughter in your chest.

at that point, we hadn't talked about it, but something definitely changed between us. you were more affectionate with me in public and even started to hangout with my friends. i couldn't help but wonder what we were. i couldn't work up the nerve to ask you though, in fear you would run away.

"yeah, i'd prefer you didn't do that, addy," luke cringed at the thought.

"yeah, that's not gonna happen," you agreed, kissing my temple.

"so you're telling me i can't strip and run around this party naked right now?" i pretended to pout. "no fair."

"unless you want me to personally blind every guy at this party, then i don't really don't recommend it, princess," you mumbled.

"well, we're gonna go," michael said awkwardly, dragging out the 'o'. "see you guys!" he laced his fingers with mason and everyone else walked inside, leaving the two of us alone on the patio.

"you look amazing tonight, by the way," you said, taking a step toward me to close the small gap between us and wrapping your other arm around my waist.

"you don't look so bad yourself, hugh," i smirked. we had decided to dress up together as hugh hefner and a playboy bunny. i ran my hands over your exposed chest. unfortunately other girls were practically drooling over you, with you shirtless just wearing a robe, making me more than a little jealous. but i didn't think i could say anything because we weren't dating.

"i hate how every guy's staring at you, though. i'll be surprised if i don't get into a couple fights tonight," you mumbled, surprising me.

i laughed, "if you get to fight the guys staring at me then i get to fight the girls staring at you. it's only fair."

"you're hot when you're jealous, princess," you smirked, moving your head so close to me that i could feel your breath on my lips.

"does that mean i'm not hot any other time?" i teased.

your eyes flickered down to my lips. "you're always hot, ad." i bit my lip nervously. "especially when you do that."

"so what are you gonna do about it?"

you crashed your lips to mine, erupting a fire inside of me. i brought my hands around your neck trying to pull you as close as i possibly could. one of your hands moved from my waist to hold my throat lightly, making me gasp. you took this as your opportunity to slip your tongue into my mouth. i could taste the alcohol and cigarettes on your lips.

"woah! sorry, dudes!" a voice broke us apart. a guy from our school stood there awkwardly.

"get the hell out of there, man," you glared at the poor kid.