Re-United.

-------------------------------------------------------
It was a bright Saturday morning, 7:30 am. The sun was shining, clouds were floating around in different shapes, and the sky was the purest and prettiest shade of blue. There was a gentle breeze brushing against the trees, and the town started to wake. People started to walk by, some holding their dogs, some chatting with friends. Others holding hands, kissing, or hugging.

Marc had sighed, resting his chin on his gloved hand. He enjoyed staring out the window and watching nature unfold, and watching people do their daily activities. But, alas, not all good things last, as he needs to open the store in 30 minutes.

Marc Anciel ran a library, cafe and bookstore combined. It was a humble, quiet place, which quite resembled his personality. The dark wooden bookshelves, studded with emerald green, and the walls covered in doodles, and drawings and paintings, and quotes and all sorts of things. It was a place where anyone could go to not be judged, a safe haven for many. Marc always greeted everyone with a warm smile, not wanting to turn a single 'potential friend' down.

The first reason he ran one was because he needed a way to get money. He first came to this place when it was just a small bookstore, but now, it expanded to much more. A safe haven, and a learning place. A peaceful shop, that wasn't restricted. 

He got off the egg chair, brushing the nonexistent dust off himself. He moved along swiftly, doing all his store chores. He dusted the bookshelves and rearranged the books in their correct places. He flattened out the colourful carpet and placed the multicoloured pillows in perfect positions, and also rearrange the bean bags in their correct places. As he went along, he turns the fairy lights on too, which gave the place a more mythical feeling. He also lit the few candles on the counters.

Soon, it was 8:00. And, on cue, his two coworkers walk in. They had classhing personalities and looks. His coworker, Finn Spinner, was more loud an interesting, but he knew when to lay off. He had the most golden eyes ever, which stood out against his brownish skin. He had bright brown hair, which looked like caramel and chocolate combined. He never made Marc uncomfortable. Marc thanked him for that.

His other coworker, who was Finn's twin, was Rin Spinner. He was more serious, more realistic. He never associated with fantasy novels, as he held a grudge against them. Marc questioned it privately, but he never asked. He had fair black hair and light skin, and a stern look in his red eyes.

They didn't talk much that morning. They all just hummed, working around, doing as they pleased. They agreed that Marc would work in the Cafe, Rin in the library and Finn in the bookstore. As they finished their deeds, Finn then opened the main doors, and out of nowhere, people started rushing in. Children, Adults, Old people walked in, no matter appearance or age. That's what Marc loved about this place. Anyone was welcome no matter what. It was a judgement free place.

The day went by fast. People ordered books, some people sat in beanbags and talked about their favourite books, others just came for a coffee. Marc helped the little children take books they loved, then gave the usual people their orders. The people Marc adored though, were the 'love at first sight's. The lucky people who bump into each other while looking for something. He wished that would happen to him someday. It was a cliche, yes, but an adorable one.

He finished making an order for a usual customer, Priscilla. She was a college law student, and she always had these people bags under her eyes, which brought out her yellow pupils. She had brown, lengthy hair which would curl at her shoulders, which were covered with a purple cardigan. She always ordered the same thing; a caramel latte with no whipped cream, and made with syrup, as well as caramel pancakes on the side. It gave Marc Autumn vibes. He waved at the girl as she walked away, clutching her books. Then, as she walked out, another person walked in.

This person had a black trench coat that went to their knees. Underneath, a grey shirt with different coloured paint splatters on it, as well as dull dark purple jeans which were cuffed at the bottom, revealing grey shoes. The most captivating feature was his face. Paper white skin, with paper thin and scratched lips. His piercing blue eyes and firey red hair stuck out. The hair was worn in a low pony, and now Marc noticed, he had gold piercings.

Marc then choked once he realised who it was.

Nathaniel?

No, it couldn't be.

Could it?

Could it be the very same Nathaniel Kurtzberg he went to high school with? His former crush? The artist boy who would always help no matter what? Who never cared if Marc wasn't genetically male, or that Marc didn't see women in a romantic way? The one who didn't care about his mental illness or shyness, who didn't mind his existence? Well the. Last two could have been said about any of his old friends, but still.

'Uhm? Hello?' Marc snapped back to reality as he heard the deep voice, his voice darkening, as he cleared his throat.

'Y-Yes sir! Sorry sir! Uhm, what w-would you like to order?' Marc spoke quickly, with a squeaky voice, frantically pulling out his notepad and green pen.

'No worries.' The red haired man in front of him spoke. Oh god that voice, it made his heart to cartwheels and spawned butterflies in his stomach. 'I'd like a black coffee, thank you.' Marc quickly nodded, then ran to make the drink. 'Oh, by the way, my names Nathaniel. God, you really look like one of my old friends.'

Marc's heart fluttered, and he didn't turn back to face the redhead as he was afraid his face would be a dead give away of how he felt. 'O-Oh! Really?' He mentally facepalmed at his lame reply.

'Yeah. He had green eyes, that same shade as yours. And really cute, kissable pink lips. He also had Raven hair, tied up in a short ponytail, and bright clothes. A rainbow tie dye and a red hoodie, with a chained belt and low jeans. God, he was adorable. His name was Marc, heard of him?' Nathaniel replied.

Marcs knees almost gave out.

He remembered.

He quickly finished the coffee, but then took a small piece of notebook paper and wrote his name and number on it. He ran back to the red haired male, gulped, then looked at him. 'Convenient. My names M-Marc Anciel, it's nice to meet you.' He sarcastically spoke, pulling his hand in front of the redheads face.

Instead of a shake, he got something 10x better.  A kiss. On the lips. He was so lucky that the cafe was separated from the library and bookstore.

He felt two hands wrap around his midthigh, then pulling him onto the counter. His face was a bright red, and on instinct, he put his hands on the others chest. He was hot, so hot, his face bright red as they kissed. When Nathaniel broke away, he smirked at the other boy, with an equally red face. 'You mean Marc Kurtzberg, darling. I'll see you later.' the man grabbed his coffee, then walked out, not noticing the taped note on the side. Marc held a hand to his lips, his face burning up once he realised what happened.

'Fallen in love, loverboy?' He heard his coworker, Finn, and snapped his head to the care door. Him and his twin brother were standing there, smirks on their faces.

'Gotten your self into a cliche?' Rin added on to his twin, then laughed as Marc's face got redder.

'Shut up! Youre acting l-like you don't have a thing for Priscilla!' Marc retorted, his fave bright red by now, in contrast to his blue dungarees and yellow jumper. He smiled once he saw Rin's red face, and then they continued arguing. However, Marc couldn't keep his mind off his old fri- no, crush. And now he realise his old high school love was mutual.
-------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the shortness!