'Wait, what?'

NATHANIEL HAS HANAHAKI DISEASE, AND DOESNT BELIEVE MARC LOVES HIM BACK. PROVEN FALSE.

HANAHAKI IS A DISEASE CAUSED BY 'APPARENT' UNREQUITED LOVE BY THE WAY. MOST OF THE TIME IT ISN'T TRUE UNREQUITED LOVE.
-------------------------------------------------------
Nathaniel Kurtzberg was literally experiencing the phrase 'dying inside'. And fuck, it hurt. Yet again, both mentally and physically.

It hurt so bad.
It hurt his lungs, due to the flowers and the feeling of Marc's gorgeous appearance stealing his breath away. It hurt to have to cough constantly and hide the goddamned blood soaked petals falling out of his mouth. It hurt having to see his crush with another guy. Especially Luka Couffaine, of all people. The one who stole both Marinette and Marc away from him.

Nathaniel understood though. Marc and Luka were perfect for each other.

Luka was skilled in guitar playing and with words, skilled in comforting too. He knew the right words for the right times and said them softly. He had the most handsome face, and the most calm eyes. He was highly attractive, it would be idiotic and insane to deny that. He was incredibly intelligent and charming, even Nathaniel had to admit that he was hot.

Nathaniel on the other hand was mediocre and mostly everything. His art talent, his looks, his intelligence, his hobbies, everything. He never knew what to say and usually, his anger got the best of him. He would hurt Marc without realising, only noticing once he sees the tears fall down Marc's delicate complexion. He seriously didn't understand how Marc even considered him as his best friend.

Luka was obviously, to everyone and anyone, a better fit for Marc. He helped with his anxiety and calmed him down in public, which people awed at. They both would talk about interests, and they would compliment what the other was doing. Lukas way with words obviously made Marcs heart flutter, Nathaniel thought, judging by his adorable and flustered expression. The two would go on the most adorable dates, doing the most adorable things. One time, they went on a triple date, with Juleka and Rose and Adrien and Marinette. Nathaniel was offered the chance to go, but he didn't want to, incase his disease decided to be a bitch and reveal itself.

While Nathaniel knew it was for the best, his heart still ached so bad.

'Uhm, N-Nathaniel? I asked what you thought, I-it's fine if you don't like it-'

Ah. The angelic, soft voice that made Nathaniel's heart rate speed up. It also made his feeling of longing harder to deal with, but it also made him feel..better?

'Oh, er, sorry. Thinking.' Nathaniel responded, flattening his blazer with his other hand. It took him a few seconds to reconnect with reality, and realise where he was. He was in the art room, his pencil useless in his hand. His sketchbook was open, showing scribbles and circles. He did that a lot when thinking.

He then looked over to Marc, the life yet death of him. He had his raven hair in a small bun, his hair falling to the front a lot though. He was holding his pen tightly, which was held in a fist and in-front of his chest. He had a look of sadness in his beautiful green eyes, covered a bit by his hair. 'Oh. A-Alright. It's late anyway, we should w-walk home.'

Nathaniel sighed, humming in faint agreement. He looked at his grey watch, noticing it's silver hands were pointing at 6:40pm. God fucking dammit.

He lazily closed his sketchbook and shoved it in his backpack, along with his pencils and pens. He stuffed his pencil, the one that was previously in hand, inside his blazer pocket, then swung the rucksack over his shoulder. He looked over to Marc, who was at the door, whom was looking down at his black rhinestone boots. A gift from Luka. Typical. He never wore his old ones anymore.