022. - how it started

flashbacks; 

flashbacks; 

(04. - that's my bestfriend / when they first found her)

After the demonstration, Alina was brought to another tent while they prepared for the little palace. Ravenna and Aleksander were sitting on the bed, trying to process everything. Aleksander couldn't believe that he finally found someone who can help him expand the fold while Ravenna couldn't believe that her best friend was the long-awaited sun summoner.

"I can't believe my best friend is the sun summoner!" Ravenna giggled happily.

Aleksander hadn't told her that he is the Black Heretic yet. He was waiting for the right time but it never came. And now her best friend was the sun summoner. If Alina Starkov was not going to cooperate with his plan, Aleksander had no other way but to force her to. He just didn't know what Ravenna would do once she found out Aleksander was torturing Alina for her powers.

He really needed to tell her about his plans immediately before she found out from someone else. But he couldn't do that here.

"I need your help, darling," he pulled her body close to his, arms wrapped tight around her waist.

"What are you planning to do?" Ravenna asked, squinting her eyes at him in suspicion.

Aleksander chuckled, "Nothing, I just want you to help her settle in the little palace. She might have the urge to escape or resist being a Grisha, but I need you to convince her to stay. Use that cunning brain of yours to get her to stay," he nuzzled his head to her neck which made her giggle.

"Why does that sound so conniving?" Ravenna asked, trying to pull away from the tickles he gave her. "Why would she want to escape anyway? I'll be there."

"'ll tell you everything once we get home. Just trust me on this will you?" Aleksander looked at her and felt his heart flutter.

"If that's what you want, sure. I trust your judgment."

(07. - please don't go / when she found out about him)

"But I'm here for you, Aleks. I hope you know that."

"I do."

It was at that moment that Aleksander was certain that he needed to be truthful. He needed to tell her about himself. He didn't care if it was the right moment or not, he couldn't keep it much longer. HIs nightmare just indicated that the longer he prolongs, the bigger his guilt will be and the harder she would take it. He just prayed to himself that she would understand him like she always did.

Aleksander nuzzled his nose into her neck then turned his face so that he could kiss her cheek, "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"