Chapter 1:15

Slowly, one foot after the other, she made her way back to the common room. Questions flooded her mind and not knowing the answers hurt her even more. She desperately needed someone. Someone to hug. Someone who would give a shoulder to cry on. Someone to tell her everything was going to be ok. That used to be Sirius. Not anymore.

As soon as she stepped through the door, Narcissa flung herself against her. "Holly, where were you? We were so worried!"

Holly unlatched herself from Narcissa and walked towards her dorm, "I was no-where" she mumbled.

A scoff came from across the room. Regulus was sitting relaxed on the couch, flipping through a book.

"Excuse me?" She felt a flash of irritation. She was already in a bad mood and Regulus wasn't making it better.

To the sound of her voice, he looked up from his book. The anger from his eyes could be seen from a mile away, and he wasn't intending to hide it.

"You were no-where? I find that pretty hard to believe"

"Well wherever I was, it's got nothing to do with you" She crossed her arms

He closed his book and placed it down on the table. "Are you sure about that?"

"I-"

He came round from across the room to stand a few feet in front of Holly, "You think you're amazing don't you? You think that you can just magically fix everything hm?"

Holly looked around the room for some answers about what was happening but was only met with blank faces "I don't know what you mean..."

He let out a chuckle, his cold eyes giving off no sense of humor. "Do you want me to refresh your memory?"

"Reggie don't" Lucius spoke up from the corner of the room.

"Be quiet" He spoke through gritted teeth.

Slowly, keeping eye contact with Holly, Regulus pulled a piece of paper out of his robe pockets.

Realization crept in and her eyes turned to Lucius who just mouthed a 'sorry' in her direction. She gulped. Regulus followed Holly's gaze and smiled, "So you know what we're talking about then?"

"You've got it wrong" Holly blurted out.

"Oh really? Cause in my mind I thought you were just passing notes with Sirius" He stepped forward, "Why?" he whispered.

"I-"

"God damn you have no idea what you're doing do you?!"

"Regulus that's enough" Bellatrix grabbed his arm but he pulled out of her grasp.

"No Bella, she still doesn't get it." He turned back to look at Holly, "This situation is deeper than you can begin to understand. You think you know what's happening but you don't. And this," He held up the note, "is making the whole damn situation worse!"

"I'm trying to be a good friend!" she shouted, anger thrumming through her veins.

"A good friend? Really? The kind of friend who hurts them even more? The kind of friend that forces them into situations that they don't want to be a part of? Cause if that's your definition of a friend-"

"Oh really?" She stepped forward so they were only a few inches apart, "Well what about you? What's your definition of a brother?"

His jaw clenched.

"Someone who watches his brother get hurt and just stands there?" Holly looked deeper into his eyes, waiting for a reaction. She wanted to trigger him. After all the pain and anger she'd been through she wanted someone to feel the same.

He gulped back his hurt ,"You think you know me... but you don't" The whisper came out harsh before he pushed past Holly and left the common room.

"Holly..." began Bellatrix

"Leave it Bella" Holly exclaimed, the anger still bubbling inside of her, "I don't want to speak to anyone" and she too left the common room.

****