Chapter 1:16

She had been in her dorm for a while now. She didn't know how long. Frankly she didn't really care. She just wanted to be away from everyone. Flopping onto her bed, she looked up at the ceiling. Was I really being selfish? She thought. Holly had been convincing herself over and over that she was just trying to help but was she just lying to herself? She let out a sigh. What had she done? Suddenly a knock sounded on the door. She tried to ignore it, hoping whoever it was would just get the message and go away. To her disappointment, the knocking continued, becoming louder and louder each time. With a groan, she got up from the bed and made her way towards the door. She wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone, she still had to clear her head. She opened the door to find Sirius standing outside, hand raised in mid-knock.

"Sirius?"

He cleared his throat and stepped back.

"What are you doing here? Who let you in?"

"Um Lucius did. May I come in?"

Holly stepped back, making room for Sirius to come through. She shut the door behind her and sat on the bed opposite him. As he sat down, he shot back up again, realizing he sat on a book.

"And they say boys are messy" he muttered, placing it down on the bedside table.

"Look," Holly started, "if you're here to shout at me or tell me I did wrong, I've already heard it" she exclaimed, remembering her conversation with Regulus.

"We didn't have a proper conversation about what happened at Dumbledore's office. I was still in shock. I-I wasn't ready to hear what I had heard from the hat" He ran a hand through his hair, trying to gather himself.

"Sirius" She moved to sit next to him, "I shouldn't have forced you to do that."

He turned to her and smiled, "Well you can be pretty persuasive"

She let out a light laugh, "And I thought that was one of my better qualities"

Sirius took her hand and placed it in his, "It wasn't your fault," He looked into her eyes, "any of it. You tried to help me Holly and for that I will be forever grateful."

Holly wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder. Sirius, a little taken aback, placed an arm around her.

"Like Regulus would say "Things without all remedy should be without regard..." "

""What's done is done" " Holly finished.

"Screw Regulus, now I know Shakespeare off by heart" Sirius exclaimed

"About Regulus.." Holly started carefully.

"Don't worry about him. He's just upset."

Holly closed her eyes, trying to enjoy this moment with Sirius. Since they've come to Hogwarts, she's felt they weren't as close as they used to be.

Sirius looked down at her and smiled, "Don't fall asleep on me, I'll get drool on my uniform"

She got up and playfully shoved him, causing him to fall back.

"Oi" He started, before grabbing a pillow and throwing it at Holly's direction. It hit her face, making her hair puff out in different directions. She caught it before glaring at Sirius who just shrugged back in response.

"If that's how it's going to be.." He started before a pillow slammed into his stomach.

"You were saying?" Holly smirked.

****