Chapter 4

Niki leads me down long hallways and up flights of stairs, getting further and further away from the party until the blaring music is but a hum from downstairs

Niki leads me down long hallways and up flights of stairs, getting further and further away from the party until the blaring music is but a hum from downstairs. i tried to remember which way we were going in case i needed to run away but we were walking so long that i lost track. finally Niki stopped in unexpectedly causing me to bump into his back. he gently let's go of my wrist which i forgot he had a hold of as i apologise.

'don't worry about it, we're here now'

he knocks on the door three times as he waits for a moment before someone opens it. i instantly recognise the boy, he was one of them who i saw at the bus stop!

'Niki finally, quick come in'

the boy hurries both me and Niki inside the room before firmly closing the door behind us. i whip around, fearful for what they may be planning when i hear a voice

'calm down Dawn, we don't wanna hurt you'

i turn around at the voice and am met with the lollipop boy.

'my names Jay and that is Jake, we're here to help you, you can trust us'

i look over towards Niki who gives me a gentle smile and i feel slightly at ease.

'okay, i believe you'

'good good, now we've got to get you out of here before the other boys realise that you've gone'

'yeah i've been trying to leave but everytime i do someone stops me, why?'

Jay looks over towards Jake, almost asking what he should say. Jake speaks first

'as you've probably guessed our friends aren't normal, and neither are we. you're not supposed to be here, but they were eager to invite you'

i look at them confused

'what do you mean "not normal"?'

'well you see we're-'

a knock at the door cuts Niki off before he can finish his sentence. the other boys hurriedly run to the door while Niki grabs my had and pulls me further into the room, behind a grand piano that i didn't even notice.

'I KNOW DAWN IS IN THERE, GIVE HER BACK!'

i hear shouts from the other side of the door as Jay and Jake try to hold it closed.

'Niki take her now!'

i hear Jay call back before being dragged up and to the back of the room by the tall boy. he opens a window at the back and leans out of it. he reaches out his hand

'do you trust me?'

i hesitate but take his hand deciding he's the most trustworthy person right now. he grabs me tightly before jumping out of the window.

the last thing i see is the blonde boy burst through the door, a dark look on his soft features, before closing my eyes as i fell.