chapter 3

╔.★. .═════════════╗

ıllıllı ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ - ʜᴇᴀᴛ ᴡᴀᴠᴇꜱ x ꜱᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ıllıllı

╚═════════════. .★.╝

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

You changed out of your adventuring clothes and into your pajamas. You excitedly jump onto your bed and lay face down giggling and blushing into your pillow. You looked out of your window and saw a some people conversing on the area outside of Wangshu Inn, that suspiciously looked like a Fatui agent and Childe. You couldn't bring yourself to think about it too much, so you went to sleep.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

On the other hand, Childe was talking to one of his agents right outside of the inn.

"Sir please we-"

"I know." Childe said sadly, looking behind himself at the inn. "So, what do you need? Make it short. I want some rest."

"Yes sir, some treasure hoarders are causing trouble with some recruits at Qingxu Pool. I've been asked to send help their way, so sir if you could j-"

Childe clicked his tongue. "I'll be on my way." He started towards the direction of Qingxu Pool. '𝘐𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘴...' He muttered under his breath while itching the back of his neck.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

[Y/n] woke up with a fresh start. She yawned and got ready. She went into the lobby of Wangshu Inn and greeted Verr Goldet as usual, and used the elevator. You were too lazy to go down the stairs, and you were in a rush today. You quickened your pace as you arrived in Liyue Harbor and went straight to the Adventurer's Guild to receive your daily commissions. You looked down at the sheet of paper and clicked your tongue out of annoyance as you saw: 

𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗔𝗻 𝗘𝘆𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺

You quickly left to the marked area on your map and lo and behold, saw the Eye of the Storm awaiting your arrival. You unsheathed your weapon and were about to attack the orb when you felt the ground shake. [Y/n] looked behind her and saw a Ruin Guard turn around to fire missiles at you. She got into a fighting position and one-shot the Ruin Guard. She turned her full attention to the Eye of the Storm, which was inching closer to her by the second. She was almost caught off-guard as the eye fell on you, which she barely managed to dodge. [Y/n] swiftly finished off the eye with two quick flicks of her weapon. She let out a sigh of relief and thought about meeting up with Childe.

You thanked Kathryne as she handed you a bag of Mora for completing the commission. You looked up to check the position of the sun and realized that it was almost time to meet with Mr. Zhongli. You went up to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor building and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, you could hear someone fumbling with the doorknob and the door opening. Mr. Zhongli stood in the doorway with a vase of glaze lilies in his hand. 

"You're finally on time my student. Come in." He remarked.

[Y/n] entered the familiar building and went straight to Zhongli's office. She sat down on one of the couches and waited for Mr. Zhongli to come out with tea again. Mr. Zhongli finally came in with three tea cups and a tea kettle on a tray again.

"We'll be waiting for Childe again." He said while placing the tray down and taking his tea cup into his hand. Mr. Zhongli blew on his tea before taking a sip. 

[Y/n] thanked him for the tea and took a sip of her tea. Mr. Zhongli and [y/n] were talking about the history of the Yaksha when Childe bursts through Mr. Zhongli's door, unexpectedly. Both [y/n] and Zhongli fought the urge to not spit out their drinks from shock. 

"Sorry Zhongli-sensei, am I late?" Childe asked worriedly.

"My students are always in the habit of being late I see." Mr. Zhongli shook his head in disappointment. "Drop the formality Childe, you can just call me Mr. Zhongli or just Zhongli." Zhongli said feeling uncomfortable being called sensei. "You can come in if you want Childe."

Childe came into the room and sat down next to [y/n]. Childe and Zhongli were talking about fighting and sparring with each other, which seemed to be Childe's favorite subject. You just didn't care enough and kept pouring yourself tea and drinking it. [Y/n] couldn't help but smile and blush. She kept thinking about being surrounded by two handsome men.

"[Y/n?] You're as red as a jueyun chili. Are you alright?" Childe whispered.

"Oh, yeah! I'm fine." [Y/n] said feeling embarrassed and instantly zoned out again. All of a sudden you felt Childe patting your head and tousling your hair. You blushed even harder.

"I think I'll call you... my little red pepper." Childe joked.

"No way! You are not calling me that!" You spat.

Zhongli stared up at the two arguing about nicknames. He lowered his tea cup from his mouth and looked to his left. He thought he felt someone's familiar presence. '𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰...' Zhongli looked back at the two and kept drinking his tea.

"You turd!"

"Carrot head!"

"You are not calling me that!"

"Am so!"

"Then I'll call you.. PooEater9000!"

"THAT'S WORSE YOU ORANGE MORON!"

An irk mark appeared on Zhongli's forehead. "If my students won't calm down, I will personally crush you all with a gigantic meteor."

"We angered Mr. Zhongli.." Childe and [y/n] said in unison. You looked at Childe and both of you knew it was time to go. You both hurried out of there by exiting his room via the window.

Zhongli stared at the two lovebirds and sighed. He took another sip of his tea and went to the window. "𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨, come out." Zhongli ordered.

Xiao appeared behind Zhongli. "Yes 𝐑𝐞𝐱 𝐋𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐬?"

"How's those two's relationship? Is Childe treating [y/n] well?" Zhongli asked.

"Yes, Rex Lapis. I just want to crush that Fatui Harbinger for existing." Xiao scowled.

Zhongli turned around to see the Yaksha clenching his fist. Zhongli chuckled. "If [y/n] is happy, I'll be happy."

Xiao noticed the sudden change of mood and nodded, unclenching his fist. "But I swear, if that Fatui hurts her-"

"You'd better get going." Zhongli cut Xiao off, which seemed to make Xiao madder. Nonetheless, Xiao nodded and fulfilled his duty, watching over [y/n].

⊱ ────── {⋆⌘⋆} ────── ⊰

plEASE not the pooeater9000 thoo ✋🤡