chapter 26

╔.★. .═════════════╗

ıllıllı ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ - ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴ ɪꜱ ᴜᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ıllıllı

╚═════════════. .★.╝

▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣

"Thanks for letting me stay, Diluc." [Y/n] waved goodbye to Diluc and Kaeya, who surprisingly, were standing next to each other.

"Anytime." Diluc nodded.

"Promise to visit Mondstadt some other time?" Kaeya asked.

"I promise. Maybe next time I'll bring Childe." [Y/n] said.

"Please, not that guy again." Diluc facepalmed.

"Stay safe [y/n]." Kaeya said.

[Y/n] nodded and headed down the path from the Ragnvindr estate. Even though her visit to Mondstadt was short, she still had fun nonetheless. 

As soon as [y/n] left, Diluc instantly walked away from Kaeya.

"Oh come one brother, don't be like that. Come here and give your brother a big hug-" Kaeya held his arms out for Diluc to hug him, but he didn't hug back or respond. Kaeya looked around and saw that Diluc had already disappeared. "Aw man." He muttered as he shook his head.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ─── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

[Y/n] arrived at Liyue at nighttime, and she was starving. She decided to order take-out food from a street vendor.

"Grilled Tiger Fish! Get it while it's still hot!" The vendor shouted.

[Y/n] walked up to the street vendor.

"Would you like some Grilled Tiger Fish?" The vendor asked.

"Can I get one to-go?" She asked.

The street vendor nodded and grabbed a fish-on-a-stick out of the griller and handed it to [y/n].

[Y/n] pulled out some Mora and traded them for the fish. She thanked the man and walked towards the direction of Childe's house. She knocked on the door and waited for a response. '𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘵.' She walked to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor to visit Zhongli. When she got there, she saw the Wangsheng Director, Hu tao, closing up Wangsheng.

"Oh? Is that a person? Do you want to buy a coffin? There might be a day when it comes, and you might not even have a coffin! There's also a 50% discount, but I can make it 75% off for someone like you!" The director turned to [y/n] and ran up to her excited to sell coffins.

"No thanks, I think I'll pass-"

"Director Hu? Are you terrorizing people with coffin discounts again- Oh [y/n], it's just you." Zhongli popped up out of nowhere. 

"Oh, hi Mr. Zhongli." She gave Zhongli a 'please help me' expression.

"How have you been? Was your trip to Mondstadt nice?"

"It was fun. Oh! I almost forgot." [Y/n] pulled out a bottle of dandelion wine from her adventuring backpack. "Venti wanted to give this to you." She handed it to Zhongli.

"Ah, thank you." Zhongli gratefully accepted the bottle of wine and cradled it in his arms.

"The offer is still up for the coffin if you want one!" Hu tao chirped.

"Er- No than-"

"How about buy two get one 25% off?"

"I don't need coffins-"

"Aiya, why didn't you say so?" She asked.

"I thought I did-"

"Oh well, I'll be waiting here for when you need one. You'll never know the day when you might pass." Hu tao winked and walked away.

"I seriously don't know how people deal with that child." Zhongli muttered beside [y/n], watching Hu Tao walk away.

"By the way, have you seen Childe around?" [Y/n] asked him.

"Is he not at home?" Zhongli looked down at [y/n], still cradling the wine bottle.

"Last I checked he wasn't."

"Oh... Just in case he's back, you should go check again." Zhongli responded.

[Y/n] nodded and waved farewell to Zhongli, before heading back to Childe's place. She arrived at the door and knocked again and waited for an answer. She was relieved when she heard the door creaking open and saw Childe behind the door.

Childe's eyes widened when he saw her. "[Y/n]! You came home early." Childe brought [y/n] into a warm embrace. 

[Y/n] giggled. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course! Who wouldn't? It was really boring these past days without you. Zhongli probably missed you too. Come inside, [y/n]." He gestured her to come in with his hands.

She walked in with Childe following behind her. The place really did not change at all.

"Did you eat yet?" He asked.

"I only ate a grilled fish."

"Are you still hungry?"

"No I'm full."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You're starting to sound like my mother." [Y/n] joked, as she went into the living room where her futon was, to set down her backpack, but didn't see it anywhere. "Hey Childe? Where's the thing?"

"What thing?" Childe asked as he poked his head into the living room. "Ah- I forgot to mention that I put it away. How about you use the guest room for now?"

"And where is that?" [Y/n] asked.

"Oh sorry. I forgot you don't know the way around." Childe facepalmed. "Follow me." He led [y/n] up some stairs and down two corridors, before he opened a door into a large room. "Here."

"This... is the guest room?" [Y/n] looked around at the spacious area.

"Yup. If you need me, just call me. I'll be downstairs." Childe said before he disappeared.

[Y/n] walked around the room and set down her backpack. It was way too big for her, who was used to the small room of her apartment. The guest room in the Ragnvindr estate was large too, except this room was larger than that. She walked over to a window that was covered with a curtain, and opened them. The moonlight instantly seethed into the room. In the light, she could see dust flying around, signifying that the room hadn't been touched for some time. She looked out of the window and saw the bright lights of Liyue shining from less than a mile away. She opened the windows and inhaled the fresh night air.

▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣-▣

UH SO LIKE FORGOT I EVEN WAS WRITING A CHAPTER

i eventually remembered a week later and decided to procrastinate

then the device i was using broke

and here i am like 4-5 weeks later??

sorry 🙏