chapter 12

╔.★. .═════════════╗

ıllıllı ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ - ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛʏᴘᴇ ıllıllı

╚═════════════. .★.╝

tw - slightly suggestive

[e/c] = eye color

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

It had been three days since [y/n] received news of her parents' death. [Y/n] was able to quickly regain her senses thanks to Childe's comforting words and some meetings with Mr. Zhongli. She was able to assemble a funeral for her parents in less than half a day with the help of the Wangsheng Director, Hu Tao.

"What are you going to do for the Lantern Rite Festival tomorrow Childe?" [Y/n] asked the ginger man walking beside her.

"Maybe I could come over and have s-"

"What are you thinking about." [Y/n] stopped walking and turned to look at him suspiciously.

"Haha- I'm only joking! Unless...?" Childe said devilishly.

"If you keep up with that I will permanently ban you from ever stepping foot inside my room ever again." [Y/n] said with a smirk.

"Okay okay! I'm joking." Childe sighed.

[Y/n] started walking towards Wangsheng Funeral Parlor to visit Mr. Zhongli. 

"Have you perhaps picked something out, specially for the festival tomorrow? If you haven't, I could help-"

"No need. This is enough." [Y/n] cut him off and pointed to her adventuring clothes.

Childe huffed and walked alongside her. He spotted a Fatui agent signaling for him to come over. 

"Sorry but I gotta go real quick. I'll see you later. Toodaloo!" Childe said waving goodbye to [y/n] and headed towards the direction of the agent.

[Y/n] waved after him and opened the door to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. She walked down the hallway to Mr. Zhongli's office and heard two voices conversing. She decided to eavesdrop while waiting. She could tell that the two voices were Mr. Zhongli and Xiao.

"... You want to fake your death?!" A raspy voice screamed, which sounded like Xiao.

"I have been anticipating it for, some time now." A deep voice, presumably Zhongli, said.

You heard someone click their tongue.

"It's my choice Xiao. It depends on the trial that Childe will bring forth. It will prove whether Liyue is prepared to defend itself without its archon." Zhongli said.

"Very well Rex Lapis. I believe someone is ---" You weren't able to hear the rest of Xiao's sentence because he started whispering.

"I had already sensed her presence, Xiao. I believe that it is time that she knows too. Childe will reveal it anyways." Zhongli said.

You could hear heavy footsteps walking towards the door. The doorknob fumbled about, and you saw Zhongli opening the door.

"O-oh, Mr. Zhongli. Haha-" [Y/n] said, almost cowering in fear.

"Don't fret [y/n]. I believe that it is time that you should know." Zhongli invited [y/n] into his room, gesturing with his hands.

He closed the door behind her and walked towards the window.

"What parts did you hear?" Zhongli said, turning around to face her. A slight glint of disappointment appearing in his eyes.

[Y/n] looked away from Zhongli. "You faking your death."

Zhongli nodded. "I have been planning it."

"When are you going to do it? [Y/n] asked.

"At the Rite of Descension." Zhongli replied quickly, as if he had already made up his mind.

"I also heard Xiao mention Rex Lapis. Are you by chance, Rex Lapis?" [Y/n] questioned Zhongli, looking up at him.

Zhongli sighed and stayed silent for a few seconds. He put his hands behind his back and fiddled with his thumbs.

"Yes." He finally said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Just exactly how old are you?" [Y/n] asked, not thinking it was insensitive.

"More than 6000 years." Zhongli responded.

"How many other people know?"

"Only a few of my ancient friends including Xiao, Childe, and now you." Zhongli said. "Regardless, I ask that you refrain from sharing information of my true identity."

"The god of contracts..." [Y/n] muttered under her breath.

Zhongli turned around and sat down on the couch opposite of [y/n] and crossed his arms.

"So what did you come here to talk about?" Zhongli asked making eye contact with her [e/c] eyes.

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

[Y/n] was reading a book on her bed. She flipped the page and read a few sentences until she heard someone knocking on her door. [Y/n] put down her books and scrambled to open the door, looking up to see the ginger-haired demon.

"Ajax!" [Y/n] said hugging him.

Childe giggled and hugged her back, kissing the top of her head. "I was wondering if you wanted to-"

"Eat out somewhere?" [Y/n] said excitedly, her eyes lighting up.

"Yes and-"

"Are we going on a date? Finally?" [Y/n] asked, jumping up and down like a child.

Childe sighed and nodded. '𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.' [Y/n] and him went their way out of Wangshu Inn and started towards Liyue.