(5)Formally Meeting

I go back to the hut we've been hiding in. As I land on the ground I hear Wanda and Pietro having a quiet conversation.

I step inside and they both turn to face me, halting their conversation.

"Where hav you been?" Wanda asks me with a bit of a scared expression.

"I went for a walk." I shrug.

She rolls her eyes and Pietro lets out a huff.

"We were worried. You can't just leave like that." He says calmly.

"Sorry." I mumble and walk closer to them.

"We have somewhere to be. Come." She says and takes my hand.

Wanda, Pietro and I approach an old run-down church structure surrounded by a fence with wire around the top of it. The three of us walk in together towards what looks like a king's thrown covered by a drape.

"Talk. And if you're wasting out time-" Wanda says before being cut off by a voice. A voice I recognize.

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city?" It speaks. "The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that" It says again in a creepily slow voice.

Wanda steps closer to it, both of us trying to look inside of its mind.

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head." The voice states, surprising us both.

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later every man shows himself." Wanda replies.

The 'man' stands from the thrown, the drape sliding off of him to reveal a tall robot made from some sort of metal, with glowing red eyes. The sight was frightening, causing Wanda and I to step back, Pietro places his harm in front of me acting as a shield.

"But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the sceptre." He says. I realize where I've heard his voice before. He is Ultron; The one who came from the Avengers facility.

"I didn't expect it. But we saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self distruct." Wanda reassures him as he walks closer and closer to us.

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers." He carries on strolling around the broken down building.

"People create... smaller people? Uh... children! I lost the word there." He chuckles creepily.

The three of us stare at the large figure trying to understand him. "Children, designed to supplant them. To help them end." He continued.

"Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?" I ask, taking a step towards him.

"I've come to save the world. But also... Yeah." He said in a casual tone, catching me by surprise. But I couldn't show my fear. Not around him.

*******

Ultron brings us to a large under-ground building full of more bots just like the ones I'd seen at the Avengers Facility. "This is the start, but there's something we need to begin the real work." He said walking into his Lab.

"All of these are..?" Wanda asks.

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will; Harmony." Ultron replies from his floating place in the air. "They're discordant. Disconnected. Starks already got them turning on eachother." He gossips.

"And when you two get inside the rest of their heads..." He begins but was cut off by Pietro's voice finally piping up.

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them." He states, Wanda and I look for a reaction out of the metal man.

"And make them martyrs?" He asks. "You need patients. You need to see the big picture." Ultron replies, flying down and landing in front of us.

"I don't see the big picture. I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, everyday." Pietro says calmly.

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records." Ultron assumes that's what Pietro is referring to. Although the mention of our parents is a tough subject for me to hear about, I choke back the emotions that try to fill me and I keep my brave face.

"The records are not the picture." Pietro bickers causing Wanda to grow frustrated.

"Pietro, maybe-" I try to stop him from saying anything more, as I've seen what Ultron is capable of when he gets upset. But I was cut off by the Electronic man standing in front of me. "No, please." He encourages him.

Pietro looks at Wanda and I before speaking. "We were 10 years old. Y/n was 4. Having dinner and watching TV, the 5 of us." He begins. Wanda turns her gaze to the wall.

"When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It was big." He continues.

"Our parents go in and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab them, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But... It doesn't go off." He says as his voice grows quieter.

"It just sits there in the rubble. Three feet from our faces." I say as I know it's hard to talk about. He looks at me with glossy eyes and sighs.

"And on the side of the shell is painted one word." Pietro says.

"Stark." Wanda chimes in, her eyes glowing red.

"We were trapped there for two days" Pietro breaths.

"Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, this will set it off." Wanda said before pausing for a moment. She brought her gaze to Ultron's glowing red eyes. "We wait for two days... for Tony Stark to kill us."

"We will make it right." Ultron replies. I could almost sense a bit of sympathy from him. "You and I can hurt them." He says to Pietro before walking towards my sister and I and raising his hand near my cheek.

"But you two... will tear them apart."

• • •