Chapter 2- A New Theory

Chapter 2- A new theory
*CHAPTER CONTAINS SWEARING*
    "Mariette! Mariette!" Tikki said, pulling on Marianettes hair trying to wake her up. "You're going to be late!"
    Mariette rubbed her eyes and sat up. "What? Tikki, what time is it?"
    "It's 8:05! You have to hurry if you want to get to school on time."
    "Crap!" Marriette said, scrambling out of bed and running to her bathroom. She brushed her teeth and hair in record speed and put her hair into her pigtails. She raced back to her bedroom to put on her for the day, a pink long sleeve sweater and a white and black plaid skirt. (oh yeah I also refuse to make her wear to same clothes every day like the show, cause she is supposed to be obsessed with fashion, and that's just stupid.)
    She ran downstairs and grabbed her shoes which were waiting for her by the door and pulled them on, it was only 8:13! She still had 17 minutes to eat and get to school. She ran into the kitchen where her parents were working, her mom counting the money from the day before and her dad starting on a new batch of his world-famous red velvet cookies.
    "Mari!" her mom exclaimed when she saw her. "What are you still doing here? You're going to be late!"
    "I know mama, I'm leaving right now!" She said, grabbing her backpack off the floor and an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter.  She kissed her mother on the cheek and rushed out of the kitchen.
    "What are we going to do with her?" Sabie asked Tom, laughing lightly.
    "What can I say? The girl likes to sleep! She really is your daughter." Tom responded playfully before giving Sabie a kiss on the cheek, and going to go check on the front of the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Marinette rushed into the school at 8:27, 3 minutes before class started.
    "Marinette!" Alya said when she saw her best friend, "where were you? Class is about to start!"
    "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Marinette said, panting slightly from her run and pushing her bangs out of her eyes. "I slept in! I'm lucky I'm not late!"
    "Well we are both about to be if we don't get our asses upstairs to class," Alya glanced down at her phone, "we only have two minutes!!"
    Alya grabbed Marinette's hand and pulled her upstairs to the classroom. They managed to slide into their seats with one minute to spare.
    "Girl," Alya said now also panting from their mad dash to the classroom, " you need an alarm or something!"
    " I have an alarm," Marionette said defensively before explaining, "It just doesn't wake me up anymore, it's like it incorporates itself into my dream."
    Nino turned around from the seat in front of Alya, "I hate it when that happens, what I do is I change the alarm sound on my phone so that I don't get used to one."
    "Eavesdrop much?" Alya said playfully.
    Just then the classroom door was shoved open and Adrien rushed in, seconds before the bell rang, signaling the beginning of class.
    "Wow, you really are made for each other Mari," Alya said to Marinette with a wink. Marinette blushed, but before she could respond Ms. Bustier stood up and cleared her throat.
    "Settle down, settle down." Ms. Bustier said in a sing-song voice. "Everyone take out your Chemistry books and flip to page 251 while I take attendance."
    "So I heard that you were at Adriens party last night..." Alya whispered to her, giving her a pointed look.
    "Oh Alya I'm so sorry! I can't believe that I left you guys, that was really not cool of me!" Marinette whispered back.
    "Girl please I'm not upset with you! I would have done the same thing! I was going to say that I heard that Ladybug and Chat Noir showed up!"
    "Oh yeah... they did, with some friends too. I guess one of Adrien's fans got akumatized and attacked. We're lucky that they showed up!" Marinette whispered.
    "I don't think luck had anything to do with it!" Alya said quietly, giving Mari a pointed look, "I have a new theory!"
    "A new theory?" Marinette whispered
    "About Ladybugs and Chat Noirs identities." Alya replied.
What?" Marinette asked at full volume.
    "Ladies..." Ms. Bustier said impatiently, looking at Marinette and Alya with raised eyebrows, "Is there something you want to share with the class?"
    " No ma'am. Sorry, ma'am." Alya and Marinette said in unison before turning to their books to start the lesson. Alya did write Marinette a note that said, 'I'll tell you during the break!!! :)'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    By the time lunch time rolled around, Marinette was beyond anxious to hear Alyas new theory. She had been getting pretty close recently, dangerously close, to finding out the truth, and Marinette liked to know what her friend was getting them both into.
    The bell rang releasing the students for lunch and Alya beelined over to Marinette from the other side of the room where she had been conducting a chemistry lab.
    "Are you hungry?" Alya asked as Marinette finished cleaning up her lab.
    "Umm, kinda, you wanna grab lunch together?" Marinette asked.
    "Of course! So I told you that I have a new theory right?" Alya asked Marinette while the girls grabbed their backpacks from the floor, and Alya linked her arm with Marinette as they walked toward the front of the school.
    "Yeah I think you mentioned something about it." Marinette said as nonchalantly as she could (which was not very). "What is it?"
    "Okay so you know how Ladybug and Chat Noir showed up to the party really quick right? Like before anyone could get too hurt?"
    "Yeah, it was great timing." Marinette said.
    "Well that's the thing, the timing was a little too great you know? Like maybe one of them was there?" Alya said. Marinette's eyes widened. "It would have had to be Chat Noir, cause you know, it was a guys only party, but I need you to try to remember everyone who was there!"
    Marinette let out a quiet sigh of relief. "Okay I'll try to think of everyone I saw."
    "Good now, come on!" Alya said as she pulled her toward Adrien and Nino who were waiting at the front of the school.
    "Hey ladies, what's up? Why did you need to see us at lunch" Nino asked.
    "That's a fantastic question," Marinette said glaring at Alya, "why did we need to see them at lunch?"
    Alya gave Marinette a reassuring smile, "I actually need some help from you two, and Marinette is here because well... Everywhere Marinette goes I go."
    "Okay well can we help you while eating? Cause I am starving!" Nino said.
    "Sure." Alya said, "where do y'all want to go to eat?"
    "There is a cafe around the corner that I really like," Adrien said. "We can go there, my treat."
    "Hell yeah!" Nino said. "I love it when your dad pays for stuff!"
    Alya and Marinette giggled and followed the boy to the cafe.
Words- 1238
A/N- Special shoutout to the batshit playlist I was listening to while writing this chapter (fun fact the description of the playlist is 'I'm feeling FERAL BITCHES' and mood)
QOTC- which love square ship is your least favorite
AOTC- Ladrien and I don't feel bad about it they are icky