Chapter 7- Weekend Plans

Marinette heard a small buzz and glanced down at her phone. She had finished her work a couple of minutes ago, and they were allowed to have some free time until the class moved onto the next topic so she had been spending her time sketching. She was pleasantly surprised to see that it was an IM from Chat.
Chat: Hey!
Mari: hey what's up?
Chat: Nothing, just bored in class.
Mari: oh yeah i forgot that you're in school too
Chat: Is it okay if I go to your house after school to hang out? I'll help you with your homework again.
Mari: has anyone ever told you that you text like a grandpa
She glanced up as Adrien shifted in his seat, she saw that he was also on his phone and felt a little pang of jealousy to see he was texting someone too. Of course, she knew that that was completely unreasonable but it didn't stop the feelings from bubbling up inside of her. She glanced down to see she had gotten another message from Chat.
Chat: I don't text like a grandpa, I just know how to use proper punctuation.
Mari: whatever you say gramps
Adrien let out a little chuckle as he typed something to whoever he was texting, and Marinette resisted the urge to glance over his shoulder and read his texts.
Chat: Also can I come over after school?
Mari: sure but not right after cause i think that i'm hanging out with my friend for a little bit after school i'll let you know when you come tho
She suddenly felt Alya lean into her trying to look at her phone, "who are you texting?"
Marinette turned her phone screen off quickly, turning to her friend. "No one. What's up?"
Alya raised an eyebrow at her friend's odd behavior, "no one?"
Marinette nodded, "yep."
Alya gave her a look but didn't push it. "Are we hanging out tonight?"
"Of course!" Marinette said excitedly. "What do you want to do?"
"I don't know... are you down for a sleepover?"
Marinette glanced at her phone, a gesture that Alya didn't miss, she had just told Chat that he could come over tonight. "I can't, my parents need me to close the bakery." That much was true. "But probably tomorrow night!"
"Alright," Alya said. "What do you wanna do this afternoon then?"
"I don't know, maybe we could go to the park or something? Or we could go to the movies or something?"
"That could be fun. Oh and we can go get food!"
"That's a given Al. I'm not going to starve you." Marinette teased.
Alya rolled her eyes, "How noble of you. We could get ice cream?"
"Andres?" Marinette asked, suspicious of her friend and her potential ulterior motives.
"No, I actually heard about this new place that opened near my house." Alya said, "I took my sisters there the other day and it was really good, they have a killer vegan raspberry sorbet."
"Oh, that sounds good." Marinette said, "do you know how to get there from here?"
"Yeah, it's only a short walk so we can go right after school."
"Sounds good," Marinette said. She felt the buzz of her phone to see that she had gotten some more texts from Chat Noir.
Chat: Can I pick you up Monday morning?
Chat: I want to make sure that my taxi service is up to your standards.
Mariette rolled her eyes slightly, before quickly typing her response.
Mari: hey! don't sell yourself short
Mari: youre more like a chauffeur
Chat: Rude.
Marinette looked up to see that Alya was now talking to Nino, while Adrien was still on his phone texting whoever. She decided to tune into Nino and Alyas conversation when she realized that they were talking about plans for the weekend.
"I was thinking that we could go on Sunday at like 3:00?" Nino said, as Alya checked her phone.
"Umm... okay that works with me. I have to be out of there by 6:30 though because I have to babysit my sisters Sunday night. We should probably check with Mari and Adrien to make sure they can come."
Hearing his name Adrien looked up from his phone and turned to face Alya. "What about me?" He asked.
"We wanted to know if you and Mari were free on Sunday afternoon?" Alya said.
"Oh, I think I am, I don't have a photoshoot or anything, but I would have to check with my dad. You know how he is when it comes to last minute plans, why what are we doing?"
"We need to go shopping for Halloween costumes." Alya said. "Nino and I might do a couples costume, or maybe the four of us could do a group costume."
"That could be fun," Marinette said, "I think I'm free on Sunday afternoon, but I would have to check with my parents too, but aren't we a little too old to go trick or treating?"
"Number one you are never too old to go trick or treating and I am hurt that you would ever even say something like that," Nino said looking at Marinette offended, "and number two we have been invited to a party."
"We have?" Marinette and Adrien asked at the same time.
"Yes! Literally 3 days ago in class Jeluka told everyone she was having a party on Halloween and that everyone was invited. " Alya said. Marinette thought back, but then remembered that 3 days ago there was an akuma and she wasn't even in class when this party invite had happened.
"Oh well you know me," Marinette said awkwardly, "I can be so forgetful. What costume ideas were you thinking?"
"I don't know really," Alya said. "I think we should go to a costume shop to see what they have, after all it is kind of last minute, so we don't really know what they have."
"Hey we could be Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Nino said to Alya.
Marinette's eyes narrowed, "that's not a couples costume."
Alya laughed, "babe, you are literally the only one who doesn't think that they are dating," she said and turned to Nino, "but I don't think that we should be Ladybug and Chat Noir, if anything Adrien and Mari should be."
"What-" Marinette and Adrien shrieked at the same time, getting them a disapproving look from their teacher.
"No, I couldn't be Ladybug." Marinette said with an awkward laugh. "I'm nothing like her."
Alya snorted, "Please girl, you two look so much like them. The hair, the height, if I didn't know better I would say that you two are Ladybug and Chat Noir."
Adrien and Marinette's eyes grew wide. "But lucky for both of you, I do know better. You guys may look like them but you don't act anything like them."
Nino laughed, "Can you imagine THE Adrien Agreste making the jokes that Chat Noir makes?"
Alya giggles too, "or Marinette doing the crazy stunts that Ladybug does?"
Marinette let out a small sigh of relief, it was a good thing that her friends were kind of oblivious to her secret identity. "Anyways, I don't want to be Ladybug for Halloween," Marinette said, "isn't that a bit cliche?"
Alya nodded incredulously, "I guess, though knowing you you will pick something even more cliche."
"More cliche than Ladybug?" Nino asked. "Is that even possible?"
Marinette raised an eyebrow, "Is that a challenge?"
Alay squealed, "Mari you are a genius!"
"I mean facts, but why?" Marinette said.
"That's what we should do. We all have to do the most cliche Halloween costumes that we can think of."
"Maybe you should be Ladybug then." Adrien said nodding at Alya, "afterall you are the person who runs the Ladyblog."
"Maybe I will," Alya said, "That is if I can't think of anything better. Though I don't want to give you guys an unfair advantage, cause I am definitely going to win."
"Win?" Marinette said, confused.
"Yes! It was your idea for it to be a challenge! Whoever has the most cliche costume wins." Alya said decidedly.
"How on earth will we decide who has the most cliche costume?" Adrien asked.
"We'll ask other people. After all, we are going to a party." Alya said as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
"And what does the person who wins get?" Adrien asked.
Alya paused, "a favor from each of the other participants."
"Oh I am definitely winning this," Nino said, "FYI Mari, I like chocolate macaroons."
"Oh me too!" Adrien paused, then amended his response, "though I do prefer passion fruit."
"Why are you guys acting like you've already won? I could win!" Marinette said. Causing Alya, Nino and Adrien to all burst into fits of laughter. "Hey come on guys! That's rude."
"How can you win when I'm going to win?" Nino asked.
"How are either of you going to win when I am going to win?" Alya asked loudly, getting them shushed by their teacher again. The teens shot her sympathetic looks and mumbled sorry. Alya turned back to them and whispered. "We should talk at lunch, cause I think she might kill us if we keep talking." Alya said, gesturing at their teacher. The other three nodded and they turned back to their individual tasks, Nino listening to the news songs released that week to see what he could mix, Alya editing a post for the Ladyblog, and Marinette and Adrien going back to their phones.
Marinette saw that during the conversation with her friends Chat hadn't texted her, it had only been a few minutes but she had kind of assumed he would. I guess he's more clingy to Ladybug than to Mairnette she thought. She had refrained from giving Chat her phone number , though he had shown interest because she knew if he had a way to contact her all the time he would never stop texting her. Also because it was a way to find out her identity, which is the excuse she had given him. She decided just to do some mindless scrolling on Instagram, she was guessing that Chat stopped texting her because he was busy with his own class. After about 20 minutes the bell rang releasing the class for a lunch break, causing the 4 friends to pack up their stuff and head out of the classroom.

Words- 1780
A/N- okay so I got my first comments and thank you! I love it so much and am definitely going to post more frequently because of them
QOTC- what is your favorite halloween candy?
AOTC- anything chocolate but I like reeces the best