Chapter 6

The curtains move after being brush by the wind outside, bringing a gleam of light into the bedroom. The person on the bed sleeps soundly their head plunges into the very soft pillow. Suddenly, there's a burning smell in the air.

Qiao Chi frowns in her dream. The scene of a fairy spirit fluttering from heaven and the earth suddenly transforms into a frying pan, and in front of her is an expressionless gangster holding the spatula. He gloomily stares at her, grits his teeth and says: "How dare you lie to me?"

Then he turns her over with the spatula.

Qiao Chi hears the boss says again: "Just in time. I should boil her up since I'm hungry.

"NO!"

Qiao Chi suddenly springs up from the bed with sweat running down her back. Her eyes tremble slightly as she stares at the quilt on her. She sighs, then raises her hand to pat her small chest. Fortunately, it is a dream. But, why is the big guy in the dream so terrifying? He scared her to death!

Qiao Chi slowly comes to, turns her head and glances at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

It's seven o'clock in the morning.

It's still early so she can continue to sleep.

Qiao Chi then lies back down on the bed, rubs her head against the pillow, and closes her eyes again.

The burnt smell in the air becomes stronger and stronger. Qiao Chi then opens realizing that something's strange. How could she smell in her dream just now?!

Qiao sniffs and immediately gets out of bed. As soon as she opens the door, the burnt smell becomes even heavier, especially as she gets closer to the living room. White smoke floats in the air. She looks at the kitchen dumbfounded.

Song Yiyu stands in the kitchen with his back to the living room while doing something.

It turns out the glass door between the kitchen and living room is not closed tightly, so the smell passes through.

He feels somebody standing behind so he turns his head and meets her gaze as she's about to open the glass door. "You are awake."

Qiao Chi looks at the small smile on his lips, then at him holding a small spatula in his hand, thinking that the dream is coming true. She shudders with her hand on the door's handle, unsure whether or not she should open.

As she's hesitating, Song Yiyu already turns off the stove. He stretches his hand to the back, unties the apron straps, and hangs it on the hook. "Go and wash up. I've made breakfast."

She's in a daze because the boss has gotten up early to cook for her. However, trepidation settles in when she smells the food.

Song Yiyu puts the fried eggs and toasted bread on the dining table, then takes out the milk from the refrigerator and places it next to the plate.

After Qiao Chi finishes washing, she comes out of the bathroom with renewed energy. She walks to the table and looks at the toasted bread and the very soft golden eggs. They look pretty good.

Qiao Chi's doubts in regard to the boss's cooking skills dissipate a little bit. She pulls a stool out and sits down. Under his expectant gaze, she picks up the egg with chopsticks, but stops before she puts it into her mouth.

"Have you tasted it yourself?"

He touches the tip of his nose uncomfortably. "Yes."

In order to fry this plate of eggs, he basically used up all the eggs in the refrigerator. He has eaten several plates of previous eggs that were hard to swallow, and now he's burping out the smell of eggs.