Chapter 7

It isn't until noon that Qiao Chi arrives home. She enters, changes her shoes, and then realizes that the house's too quiet.

She yells: "Song Yiyu?"

No one answers.

Qiao Chi puts her things away, feeling a little strange. She walks to the guest room and knocks, but there's still no answer. She twists the handle lightly, and it opens quite easily.

Song Yiyu is not in the room either.

Qiao Chi's about to close the door and gives him a call when an unexpected wind from outside blows in through the window and tosses the stack of papers that he has placed on the table to the ground. She quickly closes the door and picks up the scattered papers.

One of the pages she has randomly picked up turns out to be the contract that she has given to him to look over earlier. There are many pencil marks on it done by Song Yiyu, along with many thoughtful notes.

Thoroughly impressed, the boss definitely deserves to be the boss. The stack of paper only gave her headache, but he managed to finish going through it in a single morning.

She picks up the rest and plans to look over on her own. As soon as she stands up from the ground, she hears several coughs coming from the door. Qiao Chi looks back and sees him leaning against the door at this time, looking at her with his arms folded.

"You..." Qiao Chi is suddenly speechless when she sees him.

When he's at home, his hair is usually not done and always just falls over his eyes, hiding part of his face. Now, with shorter hair, she can see his peach blossom eyes staring straight her.

She remains quiet and turns her head to tidy up the contract. She then controls her facial expressions, turns around and asks: "Where did you go?"

The boss says: "I got a haircut downstairs."

Right, that can be seen without being asked.

Qiao Chi takes the contract and prepares to go out. As soon as she gets to the door, the boss asks: "What do you think?"

"Very handsome." Qiao Chi says sincerely.

The boss raises his eyebrows. "I'm tired of just hearing words."

The boss has definitely changed.

Qiao Chi thinks for a bit, then replies: "Although your wounds have gotten better, they're still..."

Qiao Chi doesn't finish speaking when Song Yiyu tugs on her wrist. Before she could react, the sight in front of her dims.

She leans against on the door. Her mind turns hazy when his handsome face appears in front of her, making her little heart pounds. She thinks that if the boss kisses her, she would struggle for a bit, but then she would let him.

Qiao Chi knows that she's a picky person, but the boss in front of her is indeed her ideal person.

Immediately after, she hears a bang near her ear. The boss has kabe-don the door. She raises her head and watches the boss's face gradually becoming calmer.

It's not at all the affectionate appearance that she thought she would see.

Qiao Chi glances at his slender hand that's resting on the door, and asks blankly: "Does it hurt?"

Song Yiyu says: "It doesn't."

Everything the TV and the barber has said is a lie. He feels wronged since he finally got up his courage to try his hand at seduction, but the wheel of fortune turned on him.