Chapter 10

Standing outside of the car, he bends down with a face full of joy. Song Yiyu just thinks he looks very familiar, but who did he just call boss?

That must have been a mistake. He is just a contracted driver for others.

"Boss...you..."

"You got the wrong person." Song Yiyu interrupts him, and kindly explains. "I'm just a driver, not a boss."

He looks astonished. What type of driver? This is his boss, Song Yiyu!

He's about to say something, but suddenly a light bulb goes off in his head. Right now, the old foxes in the company have spread rumors behind his boss' back that the boss has gone missing because he's met misfortune, but their fox's tail has always been carefully hidden.

If they wait until those old foxes show their tails, then the boss will come down from the sky and kill them all in one fell swoop. This is the strategy the boss has discussed before!

The boss hasn't contacted him for a while too! That must be one of the strategies too! If so, it is better to keep everything the same as before!

Since the boss doesn't recognize him, he should also act the same!

Song Yiyu doesn't know why but the eyes of the person outside the car go from consternation to confusion to firmness, as if he has figured out something.

Forget it, it doesn't matter to him anyway.

He wants to roll up the window of his car instead, but after thinking about it, he feels that's a bit impolite, so he asks: "Is there anything else?"

Wei Wei's thoughts are pulled back, and he hurriedly says: "It's okay."

Song Yiyu gives him a polite smile then nods at him: "Go back." Then, he calmly rolls up the car window.

Wei Wei has tears in his eyes. He knew it! The boss must have known the rumors spread by the old foxes in the company! He must be strong and take care of things in the company for the boss!

Wei Wei makes up his mind and is about to leave when he realizes that he can't call the boss if he wants to because his phone has been disconnected. Wei Wei thinks that maybe his boss fears being discovered so he changed his phone, and he doesn't have a habit of remembering his own number.

Thinking about it more, Wei Wei takes out a business card from his bag, knocks on the car window again, and waits for the car window to roll down. With a smile on his face, he hands the business card to Song Yiyu. "Boss. Contact me if you need something."

Wei Wei feels a little more secure when he gives him his business card. He's no longer feeling attached to meeting his boss like this because he knows that in the near future, he would definitely be able to stay by the boss' side like before as they'll walk hand in hand and eliminate enemies from all sides!

After Wei Wei, who's full of bloody thoughts, leaves, Song Yiyu uses the dim light outside to clearly see the words on the business card.

Wei Wei, Song Group.

He flips the business card over. It has Wei Wei's phone number and some business information about the company.

The more Song Yiyu looks at it, the more he feels like Wei Wei was selling insurance or health products. A few days ago, he met a young man in a suit and leather shoes selling insurance at home, carrying this briefcase and handing him a business card. The business cards are not much different from each other.

"Tsk." Song Yiyu casually stuffs the business card into the armrest box, and continues to pick up the phone to watch the live broadcast.

.

.

In the villa, Qiao Chi team successfully reaches the second floor according to the instructions of the staff downstairs. The second floor has a bedroom and a guest room. The long corridor is illuminated by faint candlelight. Perhaps because of what happened downstairs with the female ghost and being able to successfully bribe her, Gao Cheng is more courageous this time around. He has thought about it. Later, when the staff come out to scare him, he will send out red envelopes at once. One red envelope per person.

Xia Mianmian has also adapted to the environment and spontaneously begins to look for clues. "What is painted on this wall?"

She then points to the wall. Qiao Chi and Gao Cheng both look over from where they are standing. The walls in between are painted with vivid pictures all the way to the door at the end.

Qiao Chi glances at Gao Cheng, who then raises the burned candle in his hand spontaneously. He stands in front of the wall, trying to give Qiao Chi good lighting for viewing.

She approaches carefully. There are five people painted on the wall. Two of them are children, one boy and one girl. They seem to be a small family, but Qiao Chi is a little confused about the remaining person.

The man has only one eye, and it's standing upright in the middle of his forehead. His nose looks like a cow's nose. His mouth takes up more than half of his face. He folds his hands together and stands in front of a family of four.

"Step aside." Qiao Chi said.

Gao Cheng obediently moves aside, illuminating the second picture.

The second picture only has a one-eyed man with two children. One-eyed is holding the children, and a circle of white candles is around them. Qiao Chi shivers involuntarily, she seems to have some thoughts.

Xia Mianmian, who's been watching her, rubs her own arm and mutters: "Why does this painting look so weird?"

It is indeed weird.

Gao Cheng also turns around and briefly looks at the two paintings. Frowning involuntarily without saying anything, he continues a step forward, illuminating the third picture.

In the third picture, the child staying alone with the one-eyed has changed. It should be another child in a family of three. The child holds a sharp knife in his hand and pierces it straight into the heart of One-eyed. One-eyed falls to the ground, and his clothes are stained red with blood.

"What does this mean? Why can't I understand it?" Xia Mianmian scratches her head and looks at Qiao Chi, who shakes her head.

"Let's talk about it after we observe the rest carefully."

There is no other painting before they reach the door at the end.

"Do you want to open it?" Gao Cheng asks. He stands next to Xia Mianmian and lights the door from top to bottom with candles, for fear that there would be blood on the other side.

Apart from the rust on the handle, there is nothing special about this door.

Qiao Chi takes a step back. Xia Mianmian also follows her movement. The two women look at Gao Cheng standing at the door innocently, and motion for him to open the door with their eyes.

Gao Cheng: "Did I do something wrong again?"

【 Hahahaha xswl, Gao Cheng is stunned. What kind of teammates are they?! 】

【Erm...What's the matter with Qiao Chi? How can she let Gao Cheng do dangerous things that she wouldn't do herself? I'm speechless. 】

【Agreed! Hasn't Gao Cheng suffered enough downstairs? Why did Xia Mianmian pick Qiao Chi? At least Wen Guo's team isn't that unfair. You can go to the other livestream to see the performance of Wen Guo's team. I think Wen Guo is much better than Qiao Chi. 】

【If you like to see Wen Guo, then go to see Wenguo. This is the special session of Qiao Chi Xia Mianmian, and Gao Cheng. If you don't like it and leave, no one will stop you. 】

.

.

The comments explode with both supporting and against the team while the three people at the center of the conversation are still standing outside the door. For some reason, the door seems to be broken and cannot be opened.

Gao Cheng twists the door handle several times, feeling like he has unscrewed it, and that the inner lock has opened, but he couldn't open the door. No matter how much force he uses, the door doesn't budge.

After turning it roughly ten times, he gives up, and says to Qiao Chi and Mianmian: "Should we try another door?"

Xia Mianmian nods in agreement.

Qiao Chi thinks about it for a bit and says: "Why don't I try and kick it and see if I can open it? If I can't, then we can still try another door?"

Gao Cheng looks at her with a conflicted expression and tries to persuade her. He says: "Maybe that's not such a good idea?"

"If not, then why don't you kick it?" Qiao Chi tilts her head.

Gao Cheng is silent for a moment, turns his head to look at the closed door, and thinks that a kick doesn't seem to be a big deal. He nods in agreement and hands the candle to Xia Mianmian. He stands still and then jumps to warm up. He proceeds to take some steps back to give himself some momentum, and then raises his foot and kicks on the door.

The door still does not respond.

"I will try." Qiao Chi says.

Gao Cheng wants to advise her not to since he couldn't kick it, let alone Qiao Chi. Even if she feels a little bit courageous, she's still a girl with fragile looks. Looking at her eager face, he still steps aside.

If she can't kick it, then she can't kick it. She came here to have fun.

Qiao Chi first turns the doorknob forward, and after hearing the sound of the inner lock opening, she backs up. She kicks each of her legs to the side for a simple warm-up.

In her previous life, she rushed to film all year round. In order to strengthen her physical fitness, Qiao Chi deliberately learned taekwondo and boxing during her break. Not only did she do that to improve her physical fitness, but it was also to defend herself, so although she looks small, she has a lot of strength.

(TN: how conveniently this was forgotten when she had to pick up Song Yiyu...lol I kid. A dead weight is actually really heavy.)

Gao Cheng has already thought about what comforting words he would use to comfort her. He tugs at Xia Mianmian, who's standing next to him, and slightly bends down and says: "You girls are thin-skinned, so in a little bit, Qiao Chi..."

"Boom!"

Gao Cheng hasn't even finished speaking because there's a loud bang in his ears. He suddenly lifts his head toward the direction of it. Qiao Chi still has her leg raised at this time, and the door that he previously kicked has just opened.

"That's amazing!" Xia Mianmian exclaims with brightened eyes.

Qiao Chi is too talented!

Gao Cheng couldn't believe it! He comes closer and sees that there's a table behind the door. No wonder he could neither open the door nor kick it open.

However, Qiao Chi's leg strength is too strong.

He wants to grovel on the ground in admiration. After thinking about it, he gives her a thumbs-up, and sincerely praises: "You are too awesome."

Qiao Chi lowers her leg and turns her ankle. She immediately responds with a smile when she hears Gao Cheng's words. "You kicked it away. My kick just added onto what you've already done."

He knows very well how much strength he has, so he smiles and says nothing. Internally, he swears to himself that once this show finishes, he will work to improve his strength!

.

.

"Slap."

Song Yiyu hits his arm with a blank face and looks at his hand. The mosquito, who bit him, is dead. The wifi signal in his car deteriorated previously so he had to open the sunroof. Mosquitoes flew into the car before the sunroof could be left open for long.

One after another, a bump appears on both of his arms. The entire arm that was scratched by him is now red. Finally, he kills the last mosquito. When he picks up the phone that's being charged, the signal is better this time.

He re-enters the live broadcast after disappearing for a bit, but the content of the comments about the CP has been increasing. Song Yiyu grinds his teeth, and he clicks the comments about the CP, and then clicks to report them, selecting fraud as a reason.

You crooks are spreading rumors! Report you all to death!

.

.

.

.

T/N: It's not a cannon fodder turning FL without her becoming special and villainous boss without his loyal secretary. Lol. I'm not sure if the last sentence is paragraph is cleared but basically, the commenters are praising Qiao Chi & Gao Cheng as CP (couple) lol so boss isn't very happy.

P.S. I will be on a hiatus for the month of November as I have too many responsibilities that I've been avoiding. Baiiii~~~~