↠ 6

Walking around downtown was your great idea. It was busy with people, stores happily thriving and the feel of something so big felt like a great feeling. Unfortunately, it has been an hour and Jungkook was struggling.

"I don't even know..." He sighed for the twentieth time.

At this point, you were tired and still haven't touched your homework for the day. At this rate, you'll be walking around town at night.

"Why don't we take a break?" You suggested. "Let's sit over here." You pointed to a large fountain.

Jungkook nodded shyly and followed you to the fountain. You sat down next to him, letting out a small sigh. "Nothing for inspiration huh?" You said, looking around.

"No... Nothing's coming to me." Jungkook replied and glared at the notebook in his hands.

"It's ok, I'm sure if we hang around here for a bit, we'll get something..." You said hopefully.

The two of you lapsed into a comforting silence. It wasn't awkward at all and it was sort of nice to take a break. You briefly closed your eyes, enjoying the warmth of the soft rays of sunshine on you.

Unknown to you, Jungkook stared at you. His first real friend. Then as he continued to do so, his hand itched to write some words. Quickly, he scratched the words he had in his mind down on paper.

You opened your eyes to the sound of a pencil furiously writing down something. You glanced at Jungkook to see him concentrating on the paper before him. Excitement bubbled up inside you as you slightly leaned over to catch a peek at the lyrics.

Sadly, Jungkook noticed and hid the notebook from you with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Can't I see them?" You asked with confusion laced in your voice. C'mon you want to say you contributed a little! You didn't want the music teacher to think you did nothing.

He shook his head. "No. I need to revise them." He quickly stood up and gave you a bright smile. It only hit you now that he never gave you a full smile like this. It sort of resembled a bunny and that was cute. "Thank you Y/N and see you at school! I have to go home." Then with that, he took off rather quickly.

"Uh, you're welcome?" You trailed off as he didn't give you any time to respond. You sat there for a bit in a daze as he ran away. 'Ok then... Guess he finished?' All you could do was shrug and walk home by yourself.

You flung open the door as the bell just barely rang for class. You sunk down in your seat, slightly out of breath from the marathon that you just did. Chan gave you a worried look. "Are you okay? Should I just call an ambulance or something?"

"Maybe." You answered short of breath just as the homeroom teacher walked in. Now that's the last time you're watching an episode of a new drama you just started. You can't believe you let time slip away.

You took out your notebook and pencil case. As you opened up to a fresh new page, you felt someone just staring at you. Well you don't blame them as you ran in here like a manic so no shame there. You glanced around and to your surprise, it was Jungkook.

Maybe he was just concerned? That had to be a reason.

You sent him a small smile. Jungkook jumped in his seat like something scared him and with wide eyes, looked down at his notebook. Was he still shy? You possibly couldn't be scary... You blinked in confusion as you returned your attention back to your notebook. It seemed like he didn't have friends so maybe he was not used to friendly gestures? That had to be it.

But don't worry! You'll definitely help him make some new friends!

Lunch time came around and you were just tired from the previous classes. How could there be so much work in these classes? Today, you luckily packed lunch so that you didn't have to walk to the cafeteria. Your friend group decided to stay indoors today as well.

The four of you took up a corner of the classroom. The girls got into a conversation about some new show coming out. That's when Chan took the opportunity to dive in about your piece for music. "Did you work on some lyrics with Jungkook?"

"Sort of." You frowned. "We went walking everywhere yesterday and it looked like he came up with something but he didn't let me see."

He nodded thoughtfully. "That's just him. He doesn't like it when people look at his lyrics, he's so self conscious that someone may not like it." He must have seen the look on your face. "Don't worry! He does that with me as well." Chan added.

At least that explained things somewhat. "Oh." You didn't know how to respond.

"Don't worry! It almost took me three months before I took a look at his lyrics." Chan said encouragingly.

You smiled back at his optimistic attitude. Perhaps it'll take you longer than that since it looked like Jungkook was still afraid of friendly interactions. You're sure it will be fine. You just happened to glance around the classroom as Chan's attention was taken by Jeongyeon who asked for some criticism for their piece.

Your eyes landed on some of your classmates who remained behind and slowly traveled to Jungkook's seat. To your surprise, the shy boy remained in his seat. Usually, he'd be one of the first ones to bolt out of the classroom. His leg was nervously shaking up and down as he continued to scribble out something in a notebook. Was he still writing lyrics? Maybe you'll hear them later in music class. Curiosity ate up at you like it was some juicy secret. For now, you returned to your lunch and jumped back in the conversation as the topic shifted over to a show that you were currently watching.

Yeah, it was the one that made you late for class.

-

alright wattpad is being weird rn but that's totally fine :')))

hope you're all having a wonderful day/night!