↠ 20

It's been about a week since Jungkook confessed to you. For Monday and Tuesday, he kept to himself and didn't even glance in your direction. You figured he just wanted some space and you were okay with that. Most of the time, you focused on your studies and damn. It looks like if you did make some time for studying, you do well on quizzes! Once the finals are over, you're going back to watching dramas. Hey, you have to catch up on a few of them.

Once the bell rang, Nayeon and you went to the library after school to study for the upcoming math final. Jeongyeon had practice and Chan ditched it altogether to go make music. So that left the two of you. Walking into the large library, you two walked towards the back of the first floor and claimed a table.

"Alright, are we ready?" Nayeon asked, taking out the materials.

"No." You were ready to cry as you took out your notebook and textbook. You glared at it with hatred.

"Unless you want to fail..." Nayeon trailed off.

Releasing a sigh, you tried hyping yourself up. "Fine. Let's do this!"

For the next hour, you and Nayeon went over the material. At first, it was quite hard and you almost quit on the first three problems but Nayeon kept putting pressure on you. So, eventually you completed the first few.

After finishing them, Nayeon checked them over. "Wow, you're improving. You only missed two." She slid the paper back over and you saw the red marks she made. "You either mess up in the second half with subtraction or keep forgetting a number but you're doing well!"

"Thanks!" You beamed at her, happy to hear you're improving. At least now you know, you're going to do okay on the test. The two of you went onto the next section. This one was taking a bit longer since it was a bit difficult.

"I'm going to the restroom." Nayeon said and got up. You gave her a quick nod and went back to the problems. You bit your lip as you got stuck once again. Ugh, why was this complicated? Deciding to take a small break, you put your pencil down and stretch. You rolled your neck around to get the knots out and literally almost fell out of your chair seeing someone stand so close to you. You were barely sitting on your seat, trying to calm your racing heart. At last, you looked at the silent person and saw it was Jungkook. "You scared me!"

His doe eyes were wide with concern. "I-I'm sorry. I thought you heard me."

Were you too focused that you didn't hear him walk up to you or call your name? It must be. "Sorry, it looks like I was zoned out. What's up?" You sent him a friendly smile. You're hoping you're not too awkward.

"Oh, um, I got you this." He held out his hand which was holding a banana milk. "It looks like you're studying hard."

"Thank you!" You eagerly took the milk. "Are you here to study too?"

Jungkook blinked, almost as if he forgot what he was doing. "Yes, I am!" He quickly said. "I was just on my way home now."

"I see. Well, get home safe, okay?"

He flashed you a bunny smile. "I will. Good luck studying and get home safe too." With that, he walked off. At least he was able to talk comfortably with you! You missed talking to the shy boy. You looked at your drink and decided to drink it now. Sipping on the cool drink, you were starting to feel refreshed. At last, Nayeon came back with a drink in her own hand. "Oh, did you already go get something to drink?"

"Hm? Oh no, Jungkook just gave it to me before he headed home." You smiled.

"Ah, well I had one for you." She glanced at the second drink in her hand.

"Oh, I'll take it too! I'm really thirsty today!" You laughed awkwardly but eagerly accepted it when she handed it to you.

Nayeon finally took her seat and for a moment her thoughts went somewhere else. You said that Jungkook gave you the drink before he was leaving. So, why did she still see him here at a different table? And oddly enough if she calculated the right angle, the spot he was at made a sightline towards you. Obviously you couldn't see as your back was turned to him but she found it a bit strange. Should she tell you...? Or maybe Jungkook was still hung up on you but why was he watching you? It didn't settle well with her. For now, she'll be a little more wary of him.

"Text me when you get home!" Nayeon called out.

"I will and if you get home before me, text me too!" You turned around and shouted. Waving bye to her, you continued on your journey home. After that study session, you felt confident and happy. Confident you're going to do well and happy that a break was around the corner. Ah, a full week of having nothing to do but watch dramas and hang out with friends! That sounded like a good plan. Humming to yourself, you walked along home and were unaware of the presence that followed you home.

Jungkook jumped as he heard you. The tests were handed back today and he got a decent score as always. He wasn't the best at schoolwork but did well enough to pass. So he jumped with surprise as he heard your voice.

"Nayeon, I love you!"

Love? He turned his head to see you hugging the girl named Nayeon. He watched as Nayeon laughed. "See? Look what happens when you actually study!" Jungkook blinked at the scene. You actually didn't love her... right? It couldn't be... He shook away the thoughts and bit his lip. Why was he even thinking like that? But why was he thinking of just wanting your attention on him?