↠ 17

Opening up your shoe locker, you were surprised to see blue paper folded neatly on top of your indoor shoes. Was this what you think it is? Curiously, you took the paper and opened it up. The writing was a bit messy (it looked like they were nervous) and there was a cute sticker of a bunny on it. The note read:

Y/N -

I really like the fact that you're my friend.

- Unanimous

Okay, maybe it wasn't a confession. Was it one of your friends? Huh, looks like you have to ask them.

"You didn't?" You had just asked Chan and Nayeon if they were the ones who wrote the note and if they were playing a joke on you as soon as you came into class. Jeongyeon wasn't at school today as there was a sports event she had to attend. Then...

Nayeon seemed to read your mind. "Maybe Jungkook? He was probably embarrassed to say it directly so he wrote a note." She shrugged.

Well he was your next target after your friends. You glanced over to see him looking at his phone. What Nayeon said sounded possible! As you were just getting up, your homeroom teacher just came in. What horrible timing. Looks like you'll just have to talk to him later.

For the whole morning, you were actually being attentive in class that your original goal was almost forgotten. Thankfully as you looked through your bag for some lead, you found the note. So as soon as the bell for lunch rang, you grabbed the note and started to head to Jungkook's desk to find him gone. Well he's just fast. Saying you'll be back in a few minutes, you went off in search of Jungkook.

First place you went to was the library and to your surprise, he wasn't there. Confused, you tried the cafeteria and even outside. Where could he have gone? Oh! The music room popped into your brain. It didn't seem like a bad idea. And so off you went.

Arriving at the room, you peeked inside the large area seeing empty chairs. Looks like the teacher wasn't even here. You ventured more in the room and to where the recording rooms were. There was some noise that made you pause for a bit. It was muffled but you could faintly hear music playing. You continued coming to the recording booth that you worked on in the project. You knocked on the door loudly and all of a sudden the music stopped. There was some shuffling sounds, footsteps approached the door and it opened to reveal the person you were looking for.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something?" You questioned, a bit curious to the reason why Jungkook was in the music room.

"Just a little." Jungkook replied, looking nervous. His eyes glanced to the side and he kept a grip on the door.

"Ah, I'll only take a minute." You held up the piece of paper. "Did you write this?"

It happened in a quick flash that you weren't sure what happened. There was some expression you couldn't identify but it was just gone... "No I didn't. Is it a confession?" He tilted his head a bit.

Huh, maybe it wasn't him...? "Oh no, just a random note, I guess." You said and let down your arm. "Well, I hope whatever you're doing is going well. See you later." You waved and walked off. Taking one glance behind you, you already saw the door had already shut. Oh well. You'll likely find out sooner. That is if he even tells you. For now you headed back to the cafeteria to finally eat lunch.

The next day, you opened up your locker to find another blue note. Opening it up, you read the following note:

Y/N -

I really like how you're always so nice and worry about others.

- Unanimous

"Hm?" Jeongyeon looked over at you from her shoe locker. "Did you get a confession?"

"I think?" You said, handing her the note.

She took it and read it. "It sounds like it." Jeongyeon handed the note back.

"It does huh? It's kind of weird since I got one yesterday that didn't sound like the one from today." You explained as you dug through your bag for her to read it. As you changed your shoes, she read it.

"You're kind of right... Was it Jungkook?" Jeongyeon handed back the notes and started to change her shoes.

"No, he even asked me if it was a confession." You put away the notes.

"Well, I don't know then." Jeongyeon shrugged. "We'll figure it out."

You chuckled. "Thanks for your help." You two then walked to your class. The day went by fine and by the time you knew it, it was already the afternoon. You packed up your things and waved bye to your friends. This time, all of you were going out this weekend so you were excited. You went over to Jungkook who patiently waited by his desk. "You ready?"

"Yeah." He smiled, giving you the cute bunny smile. And so, off you two went to the library. Time must not be on your side today or something. By the time you knew it, the school campus was locking up for the night. Today, Jungkook seemed a little distracted today as he had stared into space a couple of times before getting right back to work. Even on your way home, he was a little quiet.

"Is something bothering you?" You asked your friend in worry.

Jungkook was startled a bit but shook his head. "No. I was just thinking of something." He gave you another smile.

You nodded, not wanting to press the issue any further. At last, you reached your apartment complex. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" You waved and headed inside. Then you entered your apartment being greeted by the scent of freshly baked pastries. Yeah, homework can wait until later. Way later.