↠ 21

Just today and tomorrow of school and you're finally off for break! You could practically taste it. Even earlier, you were so happy and proud of yourself that you got a perfect score on your math test. A perfect score! It probably only happened once when you were way younger but it's one of your proudest moments! So happy you almost tackled Nayeon for it, claiming you loved her. Well, the platonic way.

Today felt like a really great day today. Even the people around felt like they were giving off good vibes as well. Thankfully there was a small break right now and you got into talking about plans. Yeah, they weren't surprised you're taking the week to catch up on dramas. Just one more class and it was time for lunch.

Lunch had delicious food and you happily ate with your friends. As your group was talking about which day to hangout, a familiar but very surprising voice joined the conversation. "D-Do you mind if I sit here with you today?" Everyone turned to see it was Jeon Jungkook. This was really a surprise to you. Glances were thrown at each other because none of you have really seen Jungkook in the cafeteria.

Giving confused nods, you patted the empty space next to you. "Sure."

Jungkook took the seat and for just a second, awkward silence filled the atmosphere. It was really rare to see Jungkook in the cafeteria and you've been here for less time to even know that. "So," You began talking. "What brings you here to the cafeteria?"

Jungkook shifted in his seat. "I just wanted a change of scenery." His eyes glanced around at the people. "S-Sorry. I'm probably intruding on your personal time." He added.

"No, it's no worry at all. We're just a little surprised." Chan smiled.

Jungkook barely returned it. To be honest to yourself, it was a little bit strange but perhaps he wanted to make more friends? You won't question his decisions now.

This was way out of his comfort zone. When he was by himself, it felt a bit better to him but not a whole lot. He wouldn't have to talk to people. Just eat and watch you. But now here he was sitting with your group. Ugh. Earlier, he really couldn't concentrate on anything and his mind thought of going to sit with you at lunch. It wasn't one of his best decisions but he's going to sit through it.

After answering your question, your group switched to another topic - on which drama to watch this week. He was a bit lost. He's never really watched dramas before; only playing video games. "Do you watch dramas as well, Jungkook?" Jeongyeon noticed how quiet he was and decided to try and bring him into the conversation.

He perked up a bit. "No, not really." He saw that you deflated a bit and he racked his brains for something else to add. "But I just don't know where to start since there's so many."

Immediately, you pounced on him. "Which genre do you like?"

Jungkook was a bit scared now so he randomly said the first genre to come to mind. "Action." Then he thought about it. Should he have said romance? Is that why you like them? Ugh, he ruined it.

"...and it does have a lot of action so I think you'll like it." You concluded and Jungkook did not hear the first half of the sentence.

"Oh, I'll check it out then." He smiled, hoping that you didn't notice him staring off into space with his thoughts. "Which one is your favorite?"

"Oh it's this one called [favorite drama]!" You replied, ready to talk more about it. "It's about..." Then you started talking about it. Jungkook got a little lost as you talked about it but he totally didn't mind at all! He patiently waited for you to finish and felt someone staring at him. Carefully, he glanced at the other two who were talking with each other and to the other girl who stared at her phone. She was typing out something and then lifted her head with a confused look on her face. Perhaps he was being paranoid that he felt someone watching him? No, it couldn't be. It was probably all in his mind. And so he returned his attention back to you. She was thankful for it.

Nayeon was super glad that he didn't pick up on the fact she was analyzing him. She found it to be a little strange. First the incident at the library and all of a sudden sitting down for lunch today? Did he really have a huge crush on you that he wants to be around people now? There was something bugging her and it frustrated her that she couldn't place what it was. For now, she'll just watch and wait.

Nayeon was also surprised to see the familiar student sit with them again. She had just come back from the office to speak with one of her teachers and spotted Jungkook sitting with them again today. Today was the last day of school before break and she assumed he wasn't going to sit with the group today given how uncomfortable he looked yesterday. Again like yesterday, Jungkook didn't really talk much to the other people in the group - only you. She questioned this for a bit but chalked it up to him being shy. She decided not to tell you what she thought.

And if she knew what the future held - she had wished that she told you something right then and there. Or that it was the last time she saw you.