chapter 18

Aryaman was entering back in the college when Cabir stopped him.

Cabir- hey why are you alone? where is Nandini? Is she okay?

Aryaman- uhh yeah she was crying and I forced her to go home...I wanted to go with her but, she said no saying that she does not want me to bunk classes.

Cabir- Why you seem so disturbed...do you feel anything for Nandini?

Aryaman- Cabir..I don't know...I really like her...I hope this is just an attraction because I don't want to fall for a girl that is in love with another one. I always fall for the sweetness and selfless nature.

Cabir nodded and both parted their ways.

Cabir(to himself)- You like her, if Manik comes to know about that he will dig your grave. I cannot tell this to Manik else, he will be an uncontrollable monster. For now let me text him to come and meet me.

Nandini did not go home instead she was sitting in a park when Navya called her...

Navya- Hello how are you? Tell me the update of today...did Cabir look for me?

Nandini- He is suspicious of me but, I handled the matter...for now

Navya- wo to thik hai but what happened to your voice? Are you okay?

Nandini-  I don't know Navya...I am so confused...I feel like whatever Manik did to me..there is a reason behind that...I want to give a chance to Manik but, I don't know why he seems distant also....I feel so confused...I want t....

Nandini was still talking when she sensed someone presence behind he. She turned but saw no one. She knew there is someone, the vibe in the park has changed and there were no one around. She was shivering knowing there is an unknown person near her.

Navya- Why did you stopped talking? What happened?

Nandini lowered the volume on  her phone and whispered to Navya- I am in the park..someone is following me...you remember last time I told you I have been feeling someone's presence around me since the last few days..right now I am feeling the same. I am scared. What if the person attacks me knowing that I am on the phone.

Navya- what? who told you to go there? Look well it might me Cabir or someone else we know.

Nandini- No Navya it's someone I don't know...else I would not feel so much uneasiness...

Navya- Relax....do not panic...the person might take advantage of that...do not bring the scared expression on your face....act normal and leave the park as fast as you can...Run run runnnn Nandini

Nandini immediately cut the call and ran away without turning. She took a  taxi and went to Navya.

Nandini(to herself)- There is something wrong going on for sure. That person is following me almost everywhere I go...I even felt that in my room. Lat time I ignored it because I did not want chachi and Rishabh to be scared. Since Amms has been staying with us since the past days, I have to be careful. I cannot tell this to Manik...I cannot risk his life...let me inform Cabir, he will surely help me.

Nandini texted Cabir saying that she is going to her friend's house and also , that she needs help as there is someone following her everywhere. She will be meeting him soon to discuss this.

On the other hand,Cabir was with Manik in the basement. Manik was furious and Cabir was silent allowing angry hulk's anger to fade away.

 Manik was furious and Cabir was silent allowing angry hulk's anger to fade away

Manik- I feel like killing that Aryaman...I have this gut feeling that  he likes Nandini for sure!! How come he is always there for Nandini...he is taking advantage of our separation to spend time with Nandini

Cabir eyes widened but he quickly controlled himself.

Cabir- No maybe he is consolling her...we do the same to Mukalya naa? there is no need to be angry. He hugged her...he did not hold her waist naa so chill. Friendly hug bhi hota hai

Manik- shut up last time he held her hand you came up with this holding waist logic...now he hugged her you again brushed it off with the same dialogue. What do you want me to know? to wait when he will be kissing her?

Cabir was about to reply him when his phone beeped. He took it out and read the message.

Cabir- Hey what the hell! Manik Nandini messaged me.

Manik- What did she say?

Cabir showed him the message and Manik freaked out.

Manik- someone has been following her and she did not even tell me!! You see Cabir how careless she is...Oh my goddd let's go to her

Cabir- wait why did you expect  her to tell...you forgot about your own drama? She is not at home...she went to her friend's place.

Manik- friend? who? Navya? she knows about her location?

Cabir- merii madubala ka kuch atta patta nahi hai yaarrr...dhoondh dhooondh thakk gaya...I asked Nandini about it..she said that she has no idea...maybe she went to Aryaman's place as I saw Aryaman leaving in hurry.

Manik furiously asked- DID YOU ACTUALLY TRY TO SAY THAT SHE WENT TO THAT ARYAMAN?

Cabir- No I did not try...I said it...stop behaving like crazy and let's go to my flat. We also have to talk to the detective you hired for Navni.

Manik closed his eyes and allowed himself too feel the cold breeze. He was disturbed as a lot of things have been happening to him lately. Cabir went out before anyone could spot them together.

________________________________________________________________________________

Helloooo friends.. I know you've been waiting for Manan to reunite and this will be happening soon.....

I hope wherever you are...you are all safe and healthy. I am grateful to those who use their quality time to read Escapism. Thank you for everything. Love you all !!!!