chapter 22

At night, Navni were helping Chachi in the kitchen. Amms had already gone back to Manglore before Nandini came back from college. Navya was upset because Cabir got angry on her as he wanted to spend time with her but she also has a duty towards Nandini, a friend who stood by her side when Harshad insulted her in front of everyone.

The first plan for tonight was to look for any hidden cameras in the house since the photos sent to Nandini were mostly taken from the house. This would be done with the help of xyz application which help to spot cameras. Both of them had already downloaded it on their phone and decided to execute the plan right after dinner when everyone will be busy watching television.

After dinner, Navni brought their phones and signed in on the application. They had to be extra careful as the family members should not know about their motive and also, if by chance there are cameras, they should not be caught.

They scanned all the  bedrooms, terrace and living on but nothing was found. Then, Navya decided to check in the bathroom and Nandini was checking in the kitchen. Chachi noticed Nandini doing strange movements with her phone near the fridge.

Chachi- Nanduuu tu kya kar rahi hai wahan apne phone par? idhar aa na hamare paas. Navya ko bhi bulana...

Nandini- chachi..main..woh..selfie selfie lai rahi thi aur Navya washroom mein gayi hai

Chachi- ohh achha par tum  fridge ke pass selfie mat lo, arE take selfie elsewhere...aisi photo kheech na ki dekhte hi  sharukh khan ki hosh udd jaye.

Nandini(with red tomato cheeks)- ok chachi

After a while Navni came into the conclusion that there are no hidden cameras in the house...somewhat they were relieved but, it also means that there are people who have access to enter the house with great ease. Now, the second plan was to pretend to be asleep and check whether someone will break in or not.

Navya eventually fell asleep and Nandini made up her mind that she will not wake her up to execute this plan. She had already done so much for her and she does not want to risk her bestfriend's life.

Around 1 a.m, Nandini heard some noises downstairs. She woke up in a jerk and looked back at Navya who was sleeping soundly. Nandini gulped in fear and went out of the room. She looked downstairs but was unable to notice anything due to darkness.

 She looked downstairs but was unable to notice anything due to darkness

She stared for a while and then, she went down and hid behind a pillar. She noticed  a masked person.From his physique, it can clearly be seen that he was a man. He was entering the house by opening a window which was locked from inside but, how is he doing that?

The person successfully came inside and looked around. He then took the stairs. Nandini was afraid but went behind him as everyone was upstairs and she had to know his aim. Unfortunately, Nandini's phone  started ringing. She mentally facepalmed herself because of her stupidity to put an alarm so that if ever she falls alseep she can wake up and check around. She was trying to stop the alarm. Alas! that man turned around to see a frightened  Nandini.

 Alas! that man turned around to see a frightened  Nandini

The man pushed Nandini and she fell down from the stairs. In this process  she fell unconscious and that person succeeded in fleeding.

Everyone came out of their room on hearing a thud sound. All gasped in horror when they saw an unconscious Nandini lying on the floor near the stairs. Rishabh and Chacha went down to hold her while Navya and Chachi ran towards the  neighbour's house for a lift to the hospital.

Navya decided to let them go with Nandini and she went back to the room to pack some clothes for Nandini. On the way to the hospital, she called Cabir and narrated the whole happening while crying heavily.

Manik came back to his room after gazing the stars when his eyes fell on his phone. He checked it and saw many missed calls from Cabir. He knew something was wrong as he was feeling restless. He then  chucked it off and called Cabir back.

Cabir- yaar where were you? I have been calling you since forever.

Manik- I was near the poolside why? all ok?

Cabir- I am coming to pick you up...come down

Manik- but to go where? tell me I will come

Cabir- You will not be in a state to drive

Manik- why so?

Cabir- Look Navya called me and said that Nandini fell down from the stairs and she is badly injured. They have taken her to the hospital and I am picking you up.

Manik did not realise that on hearing this, he was already crying. He was afraid of losing his shining stars...he was feeling guilty for not protecting her...for not being here with her. He was sure she did not fall like this. There must be a reason behind this or rather a PERSON BEHIND THIS.

Cabir- Manik...? Manik????? tu sunn raha hai na?

Manik- please please come soon Cabir...she is my life I cannot lose her...I have to be with her.

They hung up the call and Manik sat down on his knees crying.

Manik- NANDINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...If something happens to you, I swear...I WILL SET THIS WORLD ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!