04. The Confession

Ever since Bright subtly confessed to Win, there wasn't a time when Win wasn't giggling his heart out.

He kept himself wrapped in Bright's jacket, which the owner refused to take back ("because it looks much better on you", Bright had said), sniffing the familiar musky scent and giggling replaying their date in Hogsmeade.

"Ha! I predicted he liked you", Ron had said the next day when he broke the news.

"So Professor Pattranite was Bright's cousin?! And she acted as a cupid for you two?" Hermione asked shrieking.

Around them, people were running around finding dates for the Yule Ball with Christmas approaching.

"Wow", Harry said looking at Win with awe, "you already do have a date then, don't you?"

Win blushed, "Probably."

"But he didn't confess to you himself, did he?" Hermione asked.

"He didn't, but Love asked me to be patient with him", Win said nodding.

"I understand that people need time, but... Do you think he deserves this much time?" Hermione asked.

"Asking people out isn't that easy, 'Moine! It takes courage and self-preparation to accept the rejection and acceptance simultaneously", Ron answered.

"Oh and he said that he didn't mind me knowing something that concerns him because I have a portkey to his heart... What does that possibly mean?" Win asked, leaning in his armchair.

"He said that?!" Hermione shrieked again.

"Yes?"

"No way! He indirectly confessed to you using metaphors!" Hermione breathed out.

"He did what?!" Win asked jumping out of the armchair.

"Confessed! indirectly!" She stressed it out.

Win's head reeled with all those thoughts and Bright's indirect confession which made butterflies surge in his stomach

Win's head reeled with all those thoughts and Bright's indirect confession which made butterflies surge in his stomach. He smelled Bright's scent on the jacket while lying down on his four-poster bed with curtains drawn from either side.

Then it occurred to him.

He sat bolt right up.

The musky scent from the cauldron of Amortentia was this exact scent in Bright's jacket.

He gasped.

He was also attracted to him way before?! Could it be then, when Bright first embraced him on his second year when he got dumped?

Shit!

How can he be so stupid!

He jumped out of his bed and snatched a parchment from Harry's table and pulled his quill out of his bag and started writing a letter to Bright asking him to meet him now in the library.

He woke up his owl, Charlotte and tied the letter to his leg, and let him fly out of his dorm room.

If Bright cannot ask him out first, he will! He decided and threw over his coat. Sparing one last glance at Bright's olive green jacket, he went out slamming shut the door.

It was sooner than Win had anticipated that Bright came running to him in the secluded section of the library

"What is it, Win?" Bright panted.

"Yesterday after talking with Professor Pattranite, I discovered many things", Win said diving straight into the topic.

Bright looked at him, shocked," you mean...?"

"I know you like me, Bright. Since, forever. You even reached a point where you thought Amortentia can only unite us! Why Bright? What stopped you from confessing?" He asked, mildly raising his voice. The whole thing sounded stupid to him.

Bright stood there dumbfounded, staring at Win with a blank gaze. He stayed silent for so long that Win thought, this whole thing was quite pointless.

"You... You stopped me from doing so", he answered calmly.

"What-"

"You hated me, didn't you? There wasn't even a day you threw curses at me and glared at me. I did it too, but only to hide everything I felt for you and keep it to myself!" He sighed.

"You were an impossibility for me, Win. I- I didn't know how to start talking to someone who loathes me- And as soon as I got a chance to talk to you over the cauldron full of Amortentia, I knew this is my chance", he sucked a deep breath.

"I freaking cried the day you talked to me and teased me back, I cried, because I couldn't tell you about the vanilla smell. The vanilla smell was your scent. It is not that I wasn't sure about if it was the vanilla smell or not, I said that because I wasn't sure if you felt the same about me", he sobbed.

Win gaped at the sobbing man. He was such an idiot!

He immediately hugged Bright tightly, patting his back in a slow rhythm," you know, I didn't know it as well, but subconsciously I started liking you too, way before", he murmured softly as Bright tensed up.

"Win... are you sure?"

"Positive", Win pulled away and flashed him a grin jutting out his Bunny teeth on display.

"Am I dreaming?" Bright mumbled.

"No, dragon-poop. You are not", Win chuckled.

"Prove it", Bright said fluttering his teary eyes.

Win needn't be told twice. He stood on his tiptoes and kissed Bright on his lips. It was neither a peck nor an actual kiss. It was just something enough to transmit the words that the feeling was mutual.

Bright joined his forehead with the latter and giggled.

"Be my boyfriend, Bright, and go with me to the Yule Ball?" Win whispered, shivering at Bright's breaths that were falling on his lips.

"What about you? Would you accept the same proposal?" Bright asked, closing his eyes at the intimacy.

"Always", Win asked, giggling again.

"Then me too, Win, me too." Bright whispered before joining his lips with his boyfriend, sealing promises of love and not just a mere obsession that Amortentia helps to create.

__________

(A/N: Quite shorter than the previous parts, but anyways that's a wrap. Please let me know your thoughts on this and if this was very fast-paced or if there are any mistakes... Plus, if I have not explained few HP fandom terms or something that has arisen confusion in you, don't hesitate to ask!☺️💖)