(bonus)The Christmas

"Wow! So this is how you bake cakes?" Bright practically stared at Win stirring the batter with the whisk.

"Uh-ha", Win nodded before pouring in chocolate powder.

"Really?"

"Why? You didn't make cakes with your hand?"

"Never. I saw mom use the wand to levitate everything and baam, done!" Bright gestured his hands up in the air to animate the flying objects.

Win chuckled, "That's not how it is done. It requires complex spells. Dad told me once I remember".

"Yeah? So how did you learn using hands?" He asked, hoping a bit to sit on the counter.
Through the living room, Mrs. Opas-iamkjorn's voices came in the kitchen along with songs from the Christmas Vinyl records by Weird Sisters.

"Mom used to teach me back when I didn't show any signs of magical bearing, you know? She and I used to bake cakes on Christmas Eve. Dad never could join us for his booming business of robes in Diagon Alley", Win said stopping for a bit and looking at the moving photographs on the wall showing a small boy between a cheerful lady and a laughing man, waving their hands at Win.

Bright smiled to himself. He loves when Win gets lost in nostalgia and tells him about himself. He likes to be a part of him, whether directly or indirectly.

"And, was that fun? Baking cakes?" Bright asked.

"Oh, it was!" Win's eyes glinted with happiness as if he was reliving the moments, "I found my refuge in baking cakes and confectioneries".

Bright hummed, listening to the music from the living room while Win resumed his mixing.

"That makes me ask you-"

"Hm?"

"How did you find out you have had magical blood?" Bright asked helping himself with the cherries from the counter.

"Oh that's a long tale", Win said chuckling.

"I have time", He said plopping in a cherry.

"Well", he faced Bright, "it all started with my mom and dad worrying about if I was going to turn out to be a squib."

(A/N: Squib - noun. A person who is born to a witch and wizard but does not have magical powers of their own. This is generally the result of mating outside of the witch/wizard bloodline. Argus Filch was born into a magical family but was unable to perform magic himself.)

"And then?"

"Oh well, one day on my eighth birthday I Apparated from my house to my grandma's house, without my knowledge", he chuckled.

"How did you? Like we need to learn Apparition to get a license", Bright enquired.

"That's the thing. I did that, um, how do I say... Automatically? And that drove mum and dad insane", he chuckled.

"That's cool. I remember setting a tree on fire because the neighborhood boys were bullying me. And Ministry officers had to obliviate them and the others who were the eyewitnesses", he shrugged and joined chuckling with Win.

"Anyways your dad has a cool job! An Auror capturing dark wizards and witches! Awesome", Win smiled mixing some cherries in the batter.

"Super awesome! I want to be an Auror after passing N.E.W.Ts." Bright declared.

"That's so cool!" Win giggled as he held up his whisk in the air.

"What about you, bunny?" Bright said facing Win.

"Um, I don't know. I was thinking about working at St. Mungo's as a Healer", Win said, scratching his chin.

(A/N: St. Mungo's is a hospital in the wizarding world)