what it always was | merlin

here is a rlly long one (wc: 3.2k :0!) for u guys <3 perhaps there will be a part 2? hehe... anyways I hope you like pirates ! also towards the end is mostly unedited so I apologize if it is a bit too fast-paced :( 

warnings: none (a lil sad doe ngl)

.*+*.+.*+*.*+*.+.*+*.

                 With playful insults thrown at each other, Arthur and Merlin rode down a path they'd never been on before

                 With playful insults thrown at each other, Arthur and Merlin rode down a path they'd never been on before. The need to get across the sea was growing stronger as time went on. Arthur-- although he'd never admit to it-- was anxiously fidgeting with the reins on his horse. He looked to the side for a moment, noticing his servant actively fighting a smile that threatened to form on his face.

"Why are you grinning like a child?" He questioned.

"You know where we're going, don't you?" Arthur shrugged, "A boat?"

Merlin laughed, shaking his head. "Obviously, you dope," He said, immediately flinching as he expected Arthur to hurl something at him. "No, I'm excited because I haven't seen the captain in a long time."

Arthur only stared ahead. How his servant knew the captain of a ship, he had no idea. He just hoped this man could take them across the sea as quickly as possible.

.*+*.+.*+*.*+*.+.*+*.

Merlin jumped off his horse, no longer fighting the visibility of his excitement. He picked up his belongings (Arthur's too) and began to board the ship, forgetting his friend was even there at all.

"Merlin!" Arthur shouted, shoving past him. "Let me go first."

The boy chuckled. He gestured for Arthur to do as he wanted, raising his eyebrows. "By all means."

"Oi! Why are you stepping your dirty boots all over my deck?" A voice yelled suddenly. Arthur froze in his tracks, realizing there was now a sword pointed right at him. He looked up to see you, a large coat around your shoulders and a three-pointed hat on your head.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.

You moved your weapon closer towards him, your narrowed eyes moving from Arthur to the raven-haired boy beside him. Immediately, your sword fell to the floor, causing a loud clatter.

"Merlin!" You exclaimed, pushing past the King and wrapping your arms around Merlin. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Aware of Arthur's gaze, Merlin hesitantly placed his arms around you but quickly melted into the embrace. "I missed you," he whispered, reluctantly pulling away.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" Arthur demanded. Looking around, Merlin realized the entire crew had stopped working just to stare at him and the captain.

"Oi! Get back to work or I'll feed you to the plankton!"

The noise of your crew working surrounded you once again as you dusted off the front of your coat. You looked at Arthur, who was staring at you wide-eyed, eager for an answer. "Well?"