pref - mornings and naps | merlin (all)

this is unedited, sorry for any mistakes + shorter lengths! I will prob make some of them longer at a later date. anyway! this is my first time writing for anyone who isn't merlin or arthur and I hope I did them justice <3 

also if you saw me accidentally publish this earlier... no u didn't<3

warnings: none

early mornings, messy hair, tangled legs

MERLIN

On days he worked, mornings were short. Usually you slept in, and he would leave you a note and a few small flowers, letting you know he was thinking about you.

On days he was off, you were both a mess. A comfortable mess. Your limbs were tangled together like ivy, blankets hanging off the side of the bed. You always slept in Merlin's room, though you had one of your own. You decided his arms were a much more comfortable blanket than the one you had on your bed.

Merlin shivered, and you pulled him closer by his shirt, mumbling about the covers being on the floor. His head popped up for a moment, letting out a noise that embodied the meaning of a question mark, and he lazily picked up the blankets.

As he laid back down, your eyes slowly opened. "You look like a raven," you whispered, hand moving up to try to tame Merlin's messy hair. He smiled. "Leave it."

He guided your hand back down to the bed, delicately intertwining your fingers. Your expression mirrored his as you studied his features, internally thanking the universe for gifting you the person you loved so much.

"Merlin," you whispered.

His eyes closed, he gently asked, "what is it?"

"You'd make a pretty raven."

"I would?" He asked confusedly, opening one eye. When you didn't answer, he opened both eyes, realizing you were hiding behind your hair. "What were you going to say?" He brushed it away from your face, catching glimpses of your e/c eyes as they flickered between him and the ceiling.

"I just love you, Merlin."

Unable to fight it, Merlin grinned so wide it almost hurt. "I love you too, y/n."

ARTHUR

Arthur was always trying to get you out of bed. As Queen, you had duties, but as y/n, you had incurable laziness, and you enjoyed sleeping in. And although Arthur was the responsible one, there were rare occasions where he would take the day off to partake in laziness with you.

But just as Arthur let loose, someone else had decided to become hyper.

"Rise and shine!" Merlin shouted, forcefully opening the curtains.