april, may, june | peter b. parker (itsv)

hiii welcome back to another (slightly) edited imagine from my old acc <3 I probably could've put a bit more effort into editing this one buttttt I spent a lot of time planning today & just wanted to get this up :) oh, also! there is a part 2 to this one that should be up sometime tomorrow <3

warnings: none

wc: 820

April 2nd

April 2nd

You used your thin jacket to shield yourself from the rain as you ran through the wet streets of New York, blocks away from your apartment. Although the weather wasn't what you considered perfect, there were still plenty of people to crowd every corner.

Everyone shoving past and bumping into you bugged you a little more than usual, so you turned into a random alley-- something you knew wasn't the best idea-- but it was empty.

It was empty until you walked a little further, and noticed a guy dressed in red, leaning against the wall with his phone in his face. Another bad idea popped into your mind. You leaned up against the wall across from him and cleared your throat loudly. His head shot up, exposing his mask.

This was no weird guy.

This was... "Spider-Man?"

He looked left and right, then upwards, searching for a place to bolt off to.

"Wait, please don't go!" You protested. "I promise I'm not a crazy fan, I just wanted to get out of the crowd. My phone is dead and the rain was really pushing it."

Spider-Man looked over his shoulder at your desperate expression. It was clear you wanted a friend, and the hero knew he needed one too.

"Sorry," he said, turning around. "People don't really like me anymore."

Your head tilted in curiosity. "They don't?"

He shook his head.

"Well, I do. I'm not obsessive, but, uh, you're a great guy, you know that?"

The fabric of his mask shifted in a way that could only mean he was smiling. You smiled back, stepping forward.

"Thank you...?" "Y/n." "Thank you, y/n."

For the next thirty minutes, you talked about anything and everything. It was amazing how you could get to know someone even when you didn't know them at all.

Spider-Man pulled out his phone again, glancing at the time. "I'm sorry, I have to be somewhere in a few minutes," he said, disappointed.

"Don't worry about it," you assured, but you were a bit sad he had to go.

"Do you think... Nah, it'd be stupid..." He mumbled. "Aw come on, tell me."

"Could you meet me here again? Next week? Same time, same day," he asked, speaking quickly.

"Absolutely," you smiled. "If you give me a lift home."

April 9th

You woke up an hour early, put on your best outfit, and sprinted over to the alley to wait for your new friend. You couldn't say why you were so excited to see him again, because technically you were just looking at fabric, but you were.

"You came," a voice called, adding a chuckle at the end. You smiled, turning around to see him. "So did you. You must keep your promises, Spider-Man."

"Please, just call me Ben."

You raised a brow. "Is that your real name?"

Spider-Man raised his mask above his mouth, just enough to expose his smirk. "For the most part."

May 6th

"Ben!" You yelled happily as he climbed into the window of your living room. "Y/n!"

He jumped onto your couch, a place he'd grown to love over the last few weeks. You sat down next to him and grabbed the remote, waiting for him to once again suggest your favorite show.

"Man, how do you even remember that?" You asked, leaning into him. "Spider-sense?"

June 8th

You sat by your window for hours waiting for him to come, just watching the clouds roll by as a movie played quietly in the background.

"I'm here!" He exclaimed, nearly crashing into the building. "Took you long enough," you laughed, helping him inside.

He smiled, "Yeah, I need to talk to you."

You furrowed your brows but nodded, waiting for what he had to say.

"Listen, y/n, I like you a lot, and I feel like..." He paused. "I feel like I'm lying to you."

You frowned. "Ben?"

He shook his head, slowly pulling off his mask to reveal his face. He looked almost exactly like how he had described himself, something you still don't know why he did.

"I'm not Ben," he sighed. "My name is Peter Benjamin Parker. Sorry if you're... y'know... disappointed."

You nodded slowly, taking in his appearance. Then you did something he didn't expect. You started laughing. "Listen, Ben-- or-- Peter. I think you're amazing, and it doesn't matter what you look like, although you're adorable-- but that's beside the point... I like you."

He smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, y/n. I like you too."

October 30th

"You heard me, Peter. I'm in love with you."

Peter shook his head. "I'm sorry."

September 7th, a year later.

"So that Spider-Man guy... he just left you like that?"

You rolled your eyes at your best friend, who was sitting across from you in a small café. "How many times have I told you this story, f/n? He just... didn't love me. I'm over it, really."

"Okay then, y/n," She said, sipping her coffee.

"Excuse me," a man's voice filled your ears, "the entire café's full. Is this seat taken?"

You looked up at him, smiling. "Absolute..."

"Peter?"

He stepped back, startled, and f/n just stared confusedly. "Oh no, no, no..."

"I have to go."