--⩺ Event? ⩹--

It was the day to let Lady Bish know if we accept or decline her offer.. It was pretty nerve racking, to be honest.. She looks evil, even though she smiles "sweetly" at us. We walked into her room or her and Prince Rhal's room. The guard who lead us to our room bowed to Lady Bish and left us. She told Ava and I to sit down on the chairs to discuss about the offer.

'So, have you two made up your mind, yet?'

Ava looked at me, letting me to take the lead. I straightened my posture and put on a neutral look.

'Yes, actually, we have. We decided to accept it. Since we really have nowhere to stay permanently.'

Lady Bish smiled and stood up. She told us that she'll prepare an event or some sort for the announcement that there are two new people who will be serving the kingdom or mostly Lady Bish. And from what we've heard, the king needs to cut into our arm, but not too deep, using a sword to like.. Swear that we won't betray Lady Bish, the royal family nor the kingdom. It's like a pinky promise or 'cross my heart and hope to die' thing I guess.

'Oh no, what if they see that Ava's blood isn't blue? We have to tell this to the guys.'

I panicked in my mind. I tried to keep my neutral look to not make any suspicions. We agreed to the requirements and Lady Bish offered us any beverages. Ava and I politely declined and told her we'll be on our way. She called for us before we were about to open the door.

'By the way, before the event. Are you two trained for your soon to be positions?'

'We only learned a little from some books we found before we came here.'

I lied to her. She told us that we'll start training tomorrow before the event will happen. Ava and I agreed and left the room.

'So.. This is kinda.. Scary, isn't it?'

Ava striked up a conversation. I nodded and whispered to her that we need to find the guys to tell them about one problem. She asked me what the problem was.

'It's about the cutting into our arm thing. What if they see your blood isn't blue? You know, Daemos blood. That'll set a lot of red flags.'

Ava gave me an 'oh' in response. We quickly went out to search for the guys in the forest. We came back to the spot where we last saw each other. Ava and I waited for the guys to appear. After a while, we heard someone stepped on a stick. We both expected it was the five of them, but instead, we saw a glowing, green eye in the bushes. It was.. Smiling at us...

~end~