Chapter 3

Jake's POV

What the hell I’m I supposed to do. I got a girl pregnant. My girlfriend’s best friend. My best friend’s dream girl. I think I’m going to be sick.

I sat in my car in the middle of nowhere. My hands were holding the steering wheel so tightly that my knuckles were white. I had to do something, right? I can’t just leave her to handle this on her own, or can I? I wasn’t ready to be a father, I was immature, selfish, dumb and a player. I slept with every girl I could lay my hands on. I was a dick head. Maybe abortion was a good choice. I wasn’t ready nor was she, right? And besides it would never work, we aren’t even together. I am with her best friend. This is just too messy. I can’t be a part of it.

Amanda's POV

When I got home I practically ran up to my bedroom. I shut the door and leaned against it. What was I going to do? I’m not ready to be a mother but I hated abortion. I decided to take a cold shower. I needed to think.

I undressed slowly, took one garment at a time. First my left ankle sock and then my right. I proceeded with taking off my blue jeans that I had folded up to a three-quarter pants, and then my white camisole and the cardigan that I had. It was red. I kept my underwear on. It was a pair of black tanga panties with lace around the edges and a plain white bra.

I went over to the mirror that was right next to the door. There was a large mirror so I could see all of me.

I stood in profile and that’s when I saw it. My stomach looked swollen. It is really happening.

“We will make through this, you and me. Okay?” I said to my stomach and let my hand circle around on it.

“Are you talking to your stomach”? I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw Alex standing at the door. I grabbed my white robe that hung over a chair and pulled it on me.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at practice?” I didn’t look him in the eyes when I asked him. I was too ashamed to do it. I am pregnant with my brother’s archenemy. The guy he hated the most.

“No, it was cancelled, but don’t change the subject. Why were you talking to your stomach like that?” I didn’t answer him but this time I looked him in the eyes and it was like he could see that I was scared, because he came walking to me and gave me a big hug. I held him hard. I didn’t want to let go. His arms were so comforting. They always were.

“Who’s the father?” he whispered in my ear still holding on.

“You don’t want to hear it, trust me” He pulled back a little. I guess it was so he could see my face.

“Yes I do, I am going to kick his ass”

“No, look I’m sorry” I said as I let go completely. He closed his eyes. I think he has figured it out. He has to, because I’m not going to tell him.

“How old is he?” he asked with still closed eyes.

“18?” I said almost like a question.

“No, no, no, no not him, of all people” he said as he hit his forehead every time he said no. I felt so humiliated.

“Sorry”

“I am going to kill him” he said as he walked out the door.

Jake's POV

“Hey, man,” I said to Thomas as I reached the lockers.

“Hi, bro, Thomas said to me. I could see that he was a bit pissed at me, but who could blame him?

“How’s it going?” I said to Thomas in hope that he didn’t hate me.

“Just fine,” Thomas said. He was angry but I knew he didn’t hate me. We had been through too much for that.

“You’re a dead man, Jake!” I heard Alex scream from the end of the hall, a person I knew hated me. What the heck did I do now? The first thing Alex did as he reached me was punching me on my jaw. What the fuck?!

“You got her pregnant you asshole!” and before I knew it he had punched me again. And it was when I remembered. Alex was Am’s big brother.

“Eey, it takes two to tango!” I yelled at him and punched him. I shouldn’t have done that. He pushed me up against the locker. Deja Vú! He hated me very much because I slept with his girlfriend ones and he had done the exact thing then, pushed me up against the locker.

“No, you were the one who knew exactly what you were doing!” He yelled at me. He was really angry.

“It didn’t seem like that, you know,” I said with a cocky smile because it didn’t. Right before was able to react he had punched me again and this time I started to feel the blood taste.

“She’s actually sharing the top one with your girlfriend, no she was definitely better than that,” I said with a cocky smile. I heard how a couple of friends of mine were laughing. Suddenly I felt a huge pain on my nose and I was thrown to the ground. Alex kicked me hard twice, one in my stomach and one on my package. I couldn’t breathe. It hurt so much!

“What is going on here?!” principal McGorby yelled through the hall. She looked at me, still lying on the ground and then to Alex.

“Mr. Wilson and Mr. Smith, come with me!” she told us and started to walk against her office.

She expected us to walk after her and Alex started walking. Thomas gave me a hand to help me up and I followed Alex and the principal.

As I walked after I saw Am look at me with tears in her eyes. I knew she was scared to death about the pregnancy because I was.

I decided to go and tell her about the options after and that I wanted nothing to do with this baby. It was the best for it.

30 minutes later…

We still sat in McGorby office but now our parents where here. Or at least his was. My mother is always late and my father didn’t care about me, he left us years ago. I heard the door open. It was my mother. She sat down on the chair right beside me.

“Is Mr. Smith coming, Mrs. Smith?” the principal asked my mother. But she didn’t have time to answer no before I did.

“So, why are we here exactly?” Alex father asked. He then looked at me with a sour look. I had the lust to tell him that it wasn’t me who started it. But I didn’t dare to be saucy.

“Well your sons were fighting in the hallway” McGorby answered with a look that said, you tell me.

“Why?” Alex mother asked her son.

“He slept with Am” he said upset. I got another sour look from Mr. Wilson. The principal looked on her watch like she wanted to get out of here. Well she wasn’t the only one.

“It's not like I raped her, she knew exactly what she did” I said. I wondered if Mr. Wilson wanted to hit me as well. It sure looked like it.

“So that’s why we are here” Mrs. Wilson said.

“No!” Alex screamed. Oh, oh. He was going to tell them about the pregnancy. I’m screwed. I guess it was better that I told Mr. and Mrs. Wilson that I got their 16 year old daughter pregnant, so I did.

“It is because I got her pregnant” I told and stared into the wall.

The principal dropped the pen she had in her hands and just said, Oh.

Mrs. Wilson got up quickly and just walked out.

My mother started crying.

Mr. Wilson looked so angry that if my mother and the principal weren’t here he would’ve hit me. Lucky me.

Alex sighed and let his forehead fall into his hands.

“I think we should take this meeting another time. But until then, you’re both suspended” she said it and began to stand up. Nobody went against it. Everyone just walked out.